What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » MS Access - How to make a query showing filtered results

MS Access - How to make a query showing filtered results
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: MS Access - How to make a query showing filtered results
quote:
Originally posted by TheSteve
The lookup query could look like 

SELECT ID FROM Tabel1 WHERE ID!=42

Where 42 would need to be replaced by the current row's ID. The trouble is, how do you get data from the current row?
Jep, that's exactly the problem

quote:
Another issue that you might run in to is, even if you do get the items to show up in the list, when you select an item it doesn't put anything in the box. (At least not in my tests using a standard select everything query)
Yes it does, in the table setup you specify what column of the selection query you use to put something in 'the box'.

quote:
Is it possible to use a Form for data input?
No, that's too easy :p

quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
SELECT B.ID, B.Name FROM MyTable A JOIN
MyTable B on B.ID <> A.ID WHERE A.ID = something
you can alias table names and that is the only way you can join the same table to itself.
The sql query shown is almost exactly what I already have, except it still doesn't show what 'something' must be.

As for aliasing, that's also already done since I essentially create a self-join (thus where a field refers to another record in the same table)...

See example db in previous post. (though that example still has the join set wrong)

And to try and make things more clear, this is how it should look (thus without the highlighted row):
[Image: attachment.php?pid=907899]

Anyways, thanks for trying. Seems like it isn't that simple afterall. Although I know for sure it is possible since I've done in in the past (but lost all examples and stuff).

.png File Attachment: Image1.png (13.51 KB)
This file has been downloaded 302 time(s).
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-14-2008 07:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
MS Access - How to make a query showing filtered results - by CookieRevised on 05-11-2008 at 12:27 PM
RE: MS Access - How to make a query showing filtered results - by Th3rmal on 05-11-2008 at 12:34 PM
RE: MS Access - How to make a query showing filtered results - by CookieRevised on 05-11-2008 at 01:40 PM
RE: MS Access - How to make a query showing filtered results - by markee on 05-11-2008 at 10:17 PM
RE: MS Access - How to make a query showing filtered results - by CookieRevised on 05-11-2008 at 11:12 PM
RE: MS Access - How to make a query showing filtered results - by TheSteve on 05-12-2008 at 03:02 AM
RE: MS Access - How to make a query showing filtered results - by Adeptus on 05-12-2008 at 04:15 AM
RE: MS Access - How to make a query showing filtered results - by CookieRevised on 05-14-2008 at 07:01 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: