What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Help pleasee.

Help pleasee.
Author: Message:
EmilyMarie0

O.P. Huh?  Help pleasee.
Heey . Well . I want to know how you can be on two msns at once. I went  to personalize then coustomize then i checked the box that said "let me connect to several accounts simutanisly" . but it never told me HOW to do it or where to go to do it. Help pleasee !
05-12-2008 08:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Help pleasee.
Simply start Messenger again... just like it actually is explained in the preferences:
quote:
This option allows you to launch as many Messenger clients as you want.

So, that option in Messenger Plus! enables you to start more than one Messenger program, that's all it does.

Without Plus! or without this option being enabled, when you start another Messenger program, the original/already started Messenger program will simply pop up.

With Plus! and this option enabled, a new Messenger program will be launched.

In this new Messenger program you can sign in using another Windows Live Id than the one you used to sign in in the first one....

----------------------------------------------------

If you are talking about how to sign in with the same Windows Live Id at two different places at once (eg: at work and at home with the same Windows Live Id), then that is officially called MPOP (Multiple Points of Presence).

The feature in Plus! has got nothing todo with this new feature.

But this new feature is not yet available in the current public Messenger versions either. It will most likely be available in the new Messenger version (Windows Live Messenger 9) which will be released around the end of the year....

This post was edited on 05-12-2008 at 08:40 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-12-2008 08:33 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Quantum
Disabled Account

Away.

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Simply start Messenger again... just like it actually is explained in the preferences:

So, that option in Messenger Plus! enables you to start more than one Messenger program, that's all it does.

Without Plus! or without this option being enabled, when you start another Messenger program, the original/already started Messenger program will simply pop up.

With Plus! and this option enabled, a new Messenger program will be launched.

In this new Messenger program you can sign in using another Windows Live Id than the one you used to sign in in the first one....

----------------------------------------------------

If you are talking about how to sign in with the same Windows Live Id at two different places at once (eg: at work and at home with the same Windows Live Id), then that is officially called MPOP (Multiple Points of Presence).

The feature in Plus! has got nothing todo with this new feature.

But this new feature is not yet available in the current public Messenger versions either. It will most likely be available in the new Messenger version (Windows Live Messenger 9) which will be released around the end of the year....

Say i was to use MPOP could i have 8.5 signed in then sign in on 9.0 or will i need 2 versions of 9.0? I'm guessing it's 2 9.0's but can anyone confirm?
No longer here.
05-12-2008 09:00 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by john-t
Say i was to use MPOP could i have 8.5 signed in then sign in on 9.0 or will i need 2 versions of 9.0? I'm guessing it's 2 9.0's but can anyone confirm?
Two 9.0's, when you open one 8.5, all the 9.0's sign out
[Image: Empty.png]
05-12-2008 09:16 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: