What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Question About Scripting

Question About Scripting
Author: Message:
Matt-in

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Question About Scripting
Hello Everyone, I have actually been following scripts eversince I know about Msg Plus And I would like to know how to develop Scripts. Im sorry if Im doing anything wrong by opening this as a topic But I wonder if it is done by Visual Basic Or not or which program? I would like to know about it and try developing a few just to practise besides I just started taking programming courses at university. So If somebody could inform me about this I would appreciate it.

Thank You In Advance,
Metin.
05-12-2008 10:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Question About Scripting
Hello fellow Canadian citizen and welcome to the forums.

Scripting is done in jscript. You can use your own editor; but the integrated one does a decent job for starters like you and me.

To learn how to start, check the scripting documentation which you find here : http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/index.php?act=view&id=13

Goodluck!

Edit : no problem. :)

This post was edited on 05-12-2008 at 11:12 PM by albert.
05-12-2008 10:51 PM
Matt-in

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Question About Scripting
Thank You Very Much :) Im trying to learn it, Hopefully I will come up with nice scripts :) Thanks Again For letting me know.

Metin
05-12-2008 10:59 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Question About Scripting
PS:

Scripting is done in JScript (thus not Visual Basic). JScript is very similar to JavaScript, a language which is often used to script for websites.
JScript is Microsoft's version of JavaScript so to speak...

If you're new to JScript I also suggest to download the official JScript documentation.

On top of the JScript language, Plus! adds many (powerfull) functions specific for Messenger and Messenger Plus!. Those added functions and how to work with them are described in the official Plus! Scripting documentation, also linked to by albert in the previous post.

One of the best ways to learn (Plus!) scripting is learning from example. So, download some (small) scripts and study their source while keeping the documentations alongside... Of course, start with small things...

More info can be found here:
http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/

This post was edited on 05-12-2008 at 11:21 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-12-2008 11:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: