What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » keep having to reset the old wireless

keep having to reset the old wireless
Author: Message:
joey

Epoc Faileur.

33 / Other / Flag
O.P. keep having to reset the old wireless
i have an "LM Technologies" zydas chipset 11g wireless adapter and a netgear router. i have extremely poor signal; about 15-30% (the signal boosts late at night lol).

and, although i have the driver from the cd installed and can connect to the internet via the router, every few days i lose all connections with the router and cannot even find it when i look for available networks. i did think this was because of the bad signal, but after taking my pc downstairs and set it about 5m from the router, i still didnt find it. during a little head scratch and drink we had a power cut.

after the power came on after about an hour, i tried again and all of a sudden i find the router! i then realized im going to have to reset the router every few days, but why? I dont know that much about (wireless) networking and ive never heard of such a thing as a session that runs out after a few days after which i can never see the router again. =/

i dont know if you know what i mean, but i really dont want to have to turn off and on the router all the time as my dad has something running which uses the internet virtually 24/7 and he gets pissed off when there's a power cut =p

can anyone clue me in as to whats happening or what i might be able to do?

Break my heart all you want, i'm on the NHS.
ever wondered what it's like to ejaculate through your ears...? ;o
05-13-2008 07:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
keep having to reset the old wireless - by joey on 05-13-2008 at 07:30 PM
RE: keep having to reset the old wireless - by saralk on 05-13-2008 at 07:41 PM
RE: keep having to reset the old wireless - by NiteMare on 05-13-2008 at 10:41 PM
RE: keep having to reset the old wireless - by MeEtc on 05-13-2008 at 11:24 PM
RE: keep having to reset the old wireless - by joey on 05-14-2008 at 05:17 PM
RE: keep having to reset the old wireless - by CookieRevised on 05-14-2008 at 06:15 PM
RE: keep having to reset the old wireless - by joey on 05-14-2008 at 07:03 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: