What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLMail disables WLMessenger's new e-mail alerts, how to tweak?

WLMail disables WLMessenger's new e-mail alerts, how to tweak?
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. WLMail disables WLMessenger's new e-mail alerts, how to tweak?
If I have both WL Messenger and Mail opened and signed in with my same WL id on both, I cannot receive new e-mail alerts for my WL Hotmail. WLMail grabs the e-mail alerts (both pop-ups and sounds) of WLMessenger and it shows/plays them if it downloads some new e-mails in only "Inbox"es (of both Hotmail's and my other POP accounts), not the other folders in Hotmail after an e-mail check. But I have a number of custom mail message boxes and I filter my incoming e-mail messages to those boxes in my WLHotmail and therefore I receive very few emails to my real Inbox, mostly unexpected mails from people who I don't know. Do you know any solution to this? I want to keep WLMail open&signed-in while using my computer but I want to receive all new e-mail alerts as well.

Also, at my other computer, I don't synchronize "All messages" in my WLHotmail's "Inbox" which leads to the same problem. At that computer, my new e-mails alerts don't show up at all because new e-mails even in Inbox aren't downloaded, only their headers are synchronized.
05-10-2008 09:14 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: WLMail disables WLMessenger's new e-mail alerts, how to tweak?
As soon as a mail client (WLMail) checks your mail, all the new mail is flagged as being 'notified upon'. So of course you're not going to get a new-mail notification anymore for those mails in other programs which check if new mail has arrived (eg: WLMessenger).

This sounds like an issue of WLMail though, nothing todo with Messenger (and thus should go to TechTalk)....
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-11-2008 04:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
Welll..
That doesn't really happen to me...
All mails I receive with my messenger account are alerted by both messenger and WLMail; and those from other mails are alerted only by WLmail; and yeah, my WLMail uses my messenger live id to login.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
This sounds like an issue of WLMail though, nothing todo with Messenger (and thus should go to TechTalk)....

Think the same
[Image: Empty.png]
05-11-2008 09:01 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: WLMail disables WLMessenger's new e-mail alerts, how to tweak?
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
Welll..
That doesn't really happen to me...
All mails I receive with my messenger account are alerted by both messenger and WLMail; and those from other mails are alerted only by WLmail; and yeah, my WLMail uses my messenger live id to login.
Really? What is your version of WLMail? Mine is Version 2008 (Build 12.0.1606) and language:Turkish.
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
As soon as a mail client (WLMail) checks your mail, all the new mail is flagged as being 'notified upon'. So of course you're not going to get a new-mail notification anymore for those mails in other programs which check if new mail has arrived (eg: WLMessenger).

I don't think you are right. Because WLMessenger notifies for new e-mails instantly, at the moment the new email arrives at my account. However my WLMail checks for new e-mails once per 10 minutes. So if that was the case, then the WLMessenger should notify first  and prevent WLMail from notifying for the same e-mail for the second time.

One question: Where are the new e-mails flagged as "notified upon"? At Hotmail's servers?

Also I posted this in WLMessenger because it is a Messenger-related question after all.
05-17-2008 09:51 AM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Really? What is your version of WLMail? Mine is Version 2008 (Build 12.0.1606) and language:Turkish.
Same version, language: Brazilian Portuguese
Amd... it is cofingured to check mail after 0 min... so maybe WLme and WLma tell me when new mail has arrived at the same time
05-17-2008 04:03 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
blessedguy, I have some questions.
1- Do you have any custom message folder in your WLHotmail and do you automatically sort some incoming e-mails into those folders in WLHotmail?
2- How have you set the synchronization settings for your Hotmail's Inbox folder in WLMail- All Messages or Only Headers?
3- How could you set the delay to 0 minute? I cannot do that because WLMail doesn't allow me to do like that. I can only disable automatic e-mail check for a specified delay.

This post was edited on 05-18-2008 at 08:16 AM by ahmetgns.
05-18-2008 08:14 AM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
blessedguy, I have some questions.
1- Do you have any custom message folder in your WLHotmail and do you automatically sort some incoming e-mails into those folders in WLHotmail?
2- How have you set the synchronization settings for your Hotmail's Inbox folder in WLMail- All Messages or Only Headers?
3- How could you set the delay to 0 minute? I cannot do that because WLMail doesn't allow me to do like that. I can only disable automatic e-mail check for a specified delay.
1.No
2.All messages
3.Beta bug. They released the new version, but haven't changed my old settings.

But anyways, I used to use incredimail and it also never blocked my WLMessenger's email alerts. I don't think this 0 minute delay changes anything

quote:
it is cofingured to check mail after 0 min... so maybe WLme and WLma tell me when new mail has arrived at the same time

Well, I'm now thinking that WLMail alerts WLMe, then both say I've got new mail at the same time.
05-18-2008 04:29 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
1.No
2.All messages

quote:
it is cofingured to check mail after 0 min... so maybe WLme and WLma tell me when new mail has arrived at the same time

Well, I'm now thinking that WLMail alerts WLMe, then both say I've got new mail at the same time.
Thank you, I think you'll experience the same problem if you change your synchronization setting to "Only Headers". Because at your current case if the Messenger and Mail are signed in when a new e-mail arrives at Hotmail's Inbox, then Messenger triggers wlmail's mail check, even if there is some time to its regular check, and wlmail downloads that message and after it completely downloads it, displays a Messenger toast but using its own texts about that new e-mail. So for example if the message is too big like 10 MB, then you will get the toast after wlmail completely downloads the message, for example 1 minute later the mail count displayed in your Messenger contact list window's E-mail button increases one more which changes instantly when that email firstly drops to your Inbox.

I will wait for a solution from all of you who read this thread but I'll forward this issue to wlmail team as well.
05-18-2008 07:08 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: