What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » change "says" text-color

change "says" text-color
Author: Message:
Kebne

– / Male / –
O.P. change "says" text-color
Hi, I can't find out in which element to change the "says" color in the conversation windows... Anyone?
09-01-2008 11:57 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: change "says" text-color
Use:
quote:
·$<number>
at the end of your nickname
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
09-01-2008 01:04 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
[OFF TOPIC]

Please don't suggest to use the characters "·$", instead suggest the proper keyboard shortcuts to alter the formatting and the use of the /nick2 command. ;)

Anyways, see 'CookieRevised's reply to 'What is the difference between /nick and /nick2 ?' which explains how you can color the "says:" text in a proper way.

;)

[/OFF TOPIC]

EDIT: all the above has of course nothing todo with skinning as vaccination pointed out. In the context of skinning, you need to do completely other things.

This post was edited on 09-01-2008 at 03:38 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-01-2008 03:23 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
If it's in skinning, and he's talking about elements, surely he wants it as a permanent thing for people who use his skin?
[Image: jumbled.png]
09-01-2008 03:27 PM
Kebne

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: change "says" text-color
Hi, :D
I am currently modifying a dark skin to a high-contrast skin for people with vision loss. I have understood that the text-color in the inputareacont cant be changed, only the background. But hey.. If using windows hi-contrast colour scheme then the black turns white anyway. Great so far.. But now I struggle with changing the "says" line in the conversation history part of the conversation window.
I have tried to change every instance of "foreground color" in the 920 style file to rgb(255,255,255) and give it a try, but then an error occur and messenger cant open a conversation window. I guess this is a beginners fault. But still I am quite shocked to see how hard it is to change colours in messenger. One reason is that I haven't found a complete reference list to all the existing elements in messenger.

09-01-2008 06:25 PM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: change "says" text-color
quote:
Originally posted by Kebne
Hi, :D
I am currently modifying a dark skin to a high-contrast skin for people with vision loss. I have understood that the text-color in the inputareacont cant be changed, only the background. But hey.. If using windows hi-contrast colour scheme then the black turns white anyway. Great so far.. But now I struggle with changing the "says" line in the conversation history part of the conversation window.
I have tried to change every instance of "foreground color" in the 920 style file to rgb(255,255,255) and give it a try, but then an error occur and messenger cant open a conversation window. I guess this is a beginners fault. But still I am quite shocked to see how hard it is to change colours in messenger. One reason is that I haven't found a complete reference list to all the existing elements in messenger.

Yeah if you are talking in terms of skins you can't permanently change the color of text in several areas. We just don't have control over them.

This includes:

The chat history area (where all your messages that have been sent show)
The typing area (where you type your messages)
Certain messages that appear in the information bar
The Messenger Plus! chat tabs
Certain window messages

If you are editing the skin looking to change these things then you are wasting your time since it can't be done. Its a technical limitation in Messenger, Messenger skinning is not an easy task it is very tedious and time consuming ;)

btw if you are modding a skin don't forget to ask the creator for permission first.

This post was edited on 09-02-2008 at 12:14 AM by Willz.
09-02-2008 12:12 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Kebne

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: change "says" text-color
Thx for a great reply!

I suppose that doesn't matter whether I run WLM 8.5 or 9.0 ?

I do understand that skinning messenger has to be a challenge.

09-02-2008 06:36 AM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
yeah it doesn't matter what version you run these same restrictions still apply, these restrictions have been around for a very long time. I started skinning from Messenger 7.0 and yeah it hasn't changed since then, doesn't look like it will either.
09-02-2008 06:42 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: