What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messenger Plus No Longer Supports Skins

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Messenger Plus No Longer Supports Skins
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus No Longer Supports Skins
ok well i do srta see where you coming from but some food for thought, since uninstalling everything related to messenger and reinstalling i tried reimported my own skin using the exact same file i sent to the database back in april that wasnt downloaded from net i created it so it cant be file curruption as otherwise every user of 365 would have this problem.

if i rename to a .zip file and paste the extracted folder into the messenger plus live skins directory the skin will work it just wont work with a .plsk extension, im running vista with sp1 and have installed all updates, the issue occured out of the blue i only noticed it after the release of willz's batman skin but the last major change to plus that was rather recent was the installation of plus live 4.60.326, uninstalling 326 and reverting to 324 doesnt fix it but without formatting my pc and clean installing 324 i cant be 100% sure, for now 326 seems the logical cause of the issue i just dont know what it is in 326 that causes the issue specifically.
05-23-2008 09:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus No Longer Supports Skins
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
theres no such group as super administrator.

It is not called Super Admin, it's just what I called it. On XP you have Admins or Limited accounts. Vista is different by having limited users, admins and THE administrator account. admin accounts on vista are not as powerful as THE one admin account. I wanted to make sure you were aware of this as it may cause problems in the future for you if you try to do things as admin, although I'm sure that it is not your problem now
In fact, no one can be that Super Admin (well, in fact, is a #sudo like thingy), only have temporary permission to do that. Installing programs for example, require the admin to allow the super admin allow the installation.
That doesn't matter now... but I can say i'm pretty sure it is a Vista bug, Vista also has problems with some features Skins and Scripts provide... don't worry, it will disapear one day, maybe randomly...
I beg to differ!

code:
net user administrator /active:yes

The above line will enable the Hidden Administrator account the end all be all of user accounts. However there is something called Session 0 in Windows Vista. http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/vista/services.mspx
05-23-2008 10:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus No Longer Supports Skins
quote:
ok well i do srta see where you coming from but some food for thought, since uninstalling everything related to messenger and reinstalling i tried reimported my own skin using the exact same file i sent to the database back in april that wasnt downloaded from net i created it
if i rename to a .zip file and paste the extracted folder into the messenger plus live skins directory the skin will work it just wont work with a .plsk extension
This very vital information makes the situation different and already way more clear than before.

quote:
im running vista with sp1 and have installed all updates, the issue occured out of the blue i only noticed it after the release of willz's batman skin but the last major change to plus that was rather recent was the installation of plus live 4.60.326, uninstalling 326 and reverting to 324 doesnt fix it but without formatting my pc and clean installing 324 i cant be 100% sure
Again, formatting will not fix any issues Plus! would have. Reinstalling an older version of Plus! will be more than sufficient to make sure you have the old version of Plus!. You could even manully delete all the files of Plus! in its installation directory (and the msimg32.dll) for that matter and be sure that everything of the Plus! program is removed. Because Plus! will not put any files on your HDD outside its installation directory (except for user data like sounds files and maybe log files, but those user files have got no influence at all on the installation). The same goes for the registry settings....

In short, if you reinstall build 324 over 326, you'll have 324.

As such:
quote:
for now 326 seems the logical cause of the issue i just dont know what it is in 326 that causes the issue specifically.
326 is not the cause since you say you also have it when build 324 is installed.

--

Btw: I assume that if you manually try to import the skin you'll get the same error? By manual importing I mean executing MPTools.exe with the proper parameters:

MPTools.exe /ImportSkin="C:\blablah\theskin.plsk"
(mind the quotes)

This post was edited on 05-24-2008 at 03:28 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-24-2008 03:21 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus No Longer Supports Skins
to clarify if i go into plus preferences go to customise and then to skins and click the import button and select the file then import works fine, if i go straight to the skinpacks folder and merely double click on it then i get this error.
05-24-2008 06:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: