What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messenger Plus No Longer Supports Skins

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Messenger Plus No Longer Supports Skins
Author: Message:
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus No Longer Supports Skins
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
theres no such group as super administrator.

It is not called Super Admin, it's just what I called it. On XP you have Admins or Limited accounts. Vista is different by having limited users, admins and THE administrator account. admin accounts on vista are not as powerful as THE one admin account. I wanted to make sure you were aware of this as it may cause problems in the future for you if you try to do things as admin, although I'm sure that it is not your problem now
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
05-22-2008 10:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
Also, I forgot to say this in my first post.. this was the reason I came into this thread..
The title of the thread is "Messenger Plus No Longer Supports Skins" well.. "Messenger Plus" never had skinning support. "Messenger Plus! Live" did :P

And yeah... I know you have Messenger Plus! Live and not Messenger Plus! (or even "Messenger Plus" for that matter :P) installed on your comp :P
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
05-22-2008 11:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:

It is not called Super Admin, it's just what I called it. On XP you have Admins or Limited accounts. Vista is different by having limited users, admins and THE administrator account. admin accounts on vista are not as powerful as THE one admin account. I wanted to make sure you were aware of this as it may cause problems in the future for you if you try to do things as admin, although I'm sure that it is not your problem now
In fact, no one can be that Super Admin (well, in fact, is a #sudo like thingy), only have temporary permission to do that. Installing programs for example, require the admin to allow the super admin allow the installation.
That doesn't matter now... but I can say i'm pretty sure it is a Vista bug, Vista also has problems with some features Skins and Scripts provide... don't worry, it will disapear one day, maybe randomly...
[Image: Empty.png]
05-22-2008 04:35 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus No Longer Supports Skins
if this had been occuring since 4.50 when messenger plus live introduced skinning then i might have agreed with you that its a vista bug, however as its only occured over the past week then the simplist explanation is that messenger plus live 4.60.326 is somehow causing the problem and that the installation of this newest build of messenger plus live causes such deep curruption of the vista operating system that installing the build will force skin users to have to reformat their pc's everytime they wish to import a new skin, this is the only logical explanation i can think of.
05-22-2008 09:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
if this had been occuring since 4.50 when messenger plus live introduced skinning then i might have agreed with you that its a vista bug, however as its only occured over the past week then the simplist explanation is that messenger plus live 4.60.326 is somehow causing the problem and that the installation of this newest build of messenger plus live causes such deep curruption of the vista operating system that installing the build will force skin users to have to reformat their pc's everytime they wish to import a new skin, this is the only logical explanation i can think of.
Hmm... 4.60.326 works fine with my Vista =/
Don't worry... it will be Ok somehow... at least you didn't get Traces for all skins you were currectly using!
05-22-2008 09:48 PM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
Yeah I haven't any issues on vista whatsoever, both my work and testing machine run it and I have never had an issue. If there was something this serious going on with vista it would have been picked up during the beta tests. Theres probably something deeper to the problem. Maybe another program is clashing with Plus! (it has happened in the past with other stuff i.e WindowBlinds)

This post was edited on 05-23-2008 at 12:26 AM by Willz.
05-23-2008 12:25 AM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Willz
Yeah I haven't any issues on vista whatsoever, both my work and testing machine run it and I have never had an issue. If there was something this serious going on with vista it would have been picked up during the beta tests. Theres probably something deeper to the problem. Maybe another program is clashing with Plus! (it has happened in the past with other stuff i.e WindowBlinds)
It is really hard to know what is it... for me, that happened right after I updated my Vista, one day. Then just updated another day and everything was nice again!
05-23-2008 01:59 AM
Jarrod
Veteran Member

woot simpson

– / Male / Flag
i haven't had any problems with vista sp 1 all the updates

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:

exactly it;s like the difference between root access and admin access

[Image: 5344.png]
[Image: sig.png]

A.k.a. The Glad Falconer

05-23-2008 07:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod
i haven't had any problems with vista sp 1 all the updates
That's why I think it is random... My Vista is also up-to-date and Plus! works perfectly.

stuart, have you already tried to import from the Plus! Menus?
05-23-2008 01:02 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Messenger Plus No Longer Supports Skins
quote:
the simplist explanation is that messenger plus live 4.60.326 is somehow causing the problem and that the installation of this newest build of messenger plus live causes such deep curruption of the vista operating system that installing the build will force skin users to have to reformat their pc's everytime they wish to import a new skin, this is the only logical explanation i can think of.
Simpliest explanation is deep core corruption??? a reformat?????? I think that's taking it all way too far.

Also, what do you mean by "I can not install skins". Remember that skin packs are actually nothing more than renamed ZIP files. So the first thing to see/test is if a renamed zip can be unzipped and imported.

Reinstalling Plus! will solve nothing at all in such cases. And reformatting niether.

And seeing that error, there is nothing to indicate that this is a fault of Plus! or Vista since it says that the file, the skin pack, is corrupted.... So, the first thing to check would be if you actually have downloaded a valid skin pack. Most of such corruption errors are caused by a bad download connection or a download which ended too soon (and thus the file didn't got downloaded fully). And since most browsers store stuff in their cache, redownloading will not help either, unless you first clear the cache.

This post was edited on 05-23-2008 at 02:19 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-23-2008 02:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: