What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Two ideas (one for a script and msgplus itself)

Two ideas (one for a script and msgplus itself)
Author: Message:
Laser_iCE

unf.

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Two ideas (one for a script and msgplus itself)
Wow, it's been a few years since I was around this area of the internet. Might still be some oldskool messers around, hopefully :) Anyhoo...

I was thinking, what if underneath your display picture (when other people are talking to you, so it's at the top) there was an fserv button (if the person had the script installed)? You could click the button which would then open an explorer window or a window within msgplus itself, and you can then browse a directory specified by the user?

You're probably wondering, "what about people who don't have the script installed?" Well, as I said, it appears underneath your display picture if YOU have it installed (say perhaps, there was a hot area that filled up the blank space between display pictures that was available to plugins). So it would be checked/refreshed when you open a new chat window with a user, and they are only allowed to be buttons. Upon clicking, the user is then informed that he/she does not have the script installed, would they like to download it now, with an OK and Cancel button. To save from having any malicious scripts abusing the system, you could set it up so that it can only download from the msgplus servers, or do something similar to firefox and its extension downloader :)

Okay, so a couple of other plusses as well. This makes the distribution of plugins much easier between users. There could be perhaps a Display Pictures plugin which shows all the users display pictures, or a Custom Emoticons one, and other things I'm sure users will think of. The "hot area" used for the plugins of course could be enabled/disabled within the msgplus settings, or blocked per user, as some may have too many and you don't want to see them all, which is understandable.

Any other suggestions towards the idea, or even reasons why it wouldn't be possible etc. are appreciated, cheers.
05-03-2008 11:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mynetx
Skinning Contest Winner

Microsoft insider

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Two ideas (one for a script and msgplus itself)
I got an idea. Why not post some gfx mockups of what exactly you're meaning? Would make it easier to understand what you want to suggest...
mynetx - Microsoft, enhanced.

You have a problem or issue with Windows, Internet
Explorer or Office?
Send a tweet!
05-04-2008 06:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Laser_iCE

unf.

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Two ideas (one for a script and msgplus itself)
My bad, I thought I subscribed to this thread but turns out I didn't.

Here is a rough idea of what I mean :) I'm no pro, so gimme a break :p

[Image: pluginskv8.jpg]
05-23-2008 10:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: