What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Contacts on Desktop

Contacts on Desktop
Author: Message:
Rainer

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Contacts on Desktop
One thing I'm really enjoying is the "Contacts on Desktop" thing. One thing I'm curious about is if it is able to show the display picture for the contact (even if its a small one) or a script that can do that. Thanks.
04-22-2008 11:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Contacts on Desktop
You could try editing Plus' interface files and then using a script to update the pic. It should be possible that way, but maybe complicated if you have never edited XML interface files or scripted before
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
04-23-2008 12:43 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Rainer

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Contacts on Desktop
Unfortunately, I have never edited an XML interface files or scripted before =P
Thanks for the info anyway, at least I know its possible.
04-23-2008 02:52 AM
Evanmera

I have a much simpler wish I believe. In some older version of Plus the contacts on desktop looked much different. The frame of the boxes was wider and the corners were not even a little bit round and I must say, I liked it much more. So I am now wondering, how could I change that kind of things? And maybe, as I believe there are many others who would like to do the same, maybe someone (who has the mastery) could create a tiny little script for changing those frames (width and corners)? I think it might be rather easy, or not?
06-08-2008 04:11 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
That again would just need a few simple edits of the xml interface, no script needed
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
06-08-2008 08:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Evanmera

I'm afraid I must spend hours to do those few simple edits by my own, as I'm never had anything to do with that xml file. I can't find where it's located or do I have to create it by myself? I couldn't find any uneful help on forum now. And if in that file there aren't already lines to configure for those changes to take effect then I have no idea how to write them. Just hours of searching and despair coming from here. And I'm not even interested of that xml stuff in general. I just want to change those tiny little things and that's all.

So I thought maybe someone who knows exactly what to do can do it for me, as for him or her it would be a fast simple work. And a script would actually be good, because though it seems foolish when it's possible to do those changes by those simple edits in the xml, there are many people like me who just won't do them because it's not worth those hours of annoying work. But a script - they could just find it and install and be happy. And the person who created the script has made many people happier with just a little bit of work. Well, at least I think I'm not only one who would use that script.
06-09-2008 12:28 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: