What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM freezes when trying to send voice clip

WLM freezes when trying to send voice clip
Author: Message:
Sheena09

O.P. WLM freezes when trying to send voice clip
I recently reformatted my computer, and have re-installed the newest versions of Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus. I've noticed however, that now anytime I try to record a voice clip, or anytime I try to send/receive a voice call, my MSN completely freezes and I have to shut it down.

Anyone have any idea of how to fix this? I use Avast antivirus (which has never given me a problem with MSN) and I'm running Windows XP (with all the latest updates).

I have tried uninstalling and getting rid of all the files, and re-installing (even only just WLM) but it still does the same thing. Please help! :D
06-02-2008 05:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
RE: WLM freezes when trying to send voice clip
I have encountered the same problem. Not only is it for voice clips, but for almost all audio/video related activities (start or send webcam, try running the audio/video setup, send a voiceclip) Receiving a voiceclip works fine though.

Try doing any of these, and if its the same result of WLM not responding after running the audio/video setup, you might be in the same boat as me. I have a ticket open with WLM support at Microsoft that has been escalated, but they seem to be taking their time in doing anything.

see Problems with Webcam and audio
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
06-02-2008 06:10 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: