What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Am i deleted, blocked or re-add?

Am i deleted, blocked or re-add?
Author: Message:
lunar

O.P. Am i deleted, blocked or re-add?
Dear all
I have some MSN questions here and please advise me.
I don’t really understand how does an MSN work therefore your answers are needy.   

Esp I don’t know if my friend have re-add me? I really don’t know if this is a chance to salvage a friendship. I wonder if she knows that I can see her online. Now I can see her online, perhaps she might block me even she knows I can see her online. 
I see her online many months later, I dare not strike a conversation with her at all.
Because nobody know what will be the outcome> If I talk to her, she might no longer online again anymore.

This is what I encountered
1) I am using Window Live Messager Version 8.5.
One day I emailed my friend Jane, I got a “Delivery Status Notification” from Hotmail postmaster.
I was informed that the email failed to deliver “This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.  Delivery to the following recipients failed”
The details txt file read “Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable”.

I have not seen her online for long. Later, I came to find out that Jane has deleted me from her contact list. When I right clicked her name on my MSN privacy tab, the delete option is enabled. (“Delete” button is not in grey).
Assumed that her PC crashed and after 120 days (about 4 months) without access, her Windows Live Hotmail account becomes inactive.

My first question is, inactive account will not caused the removal of me from her MSN’s contact list and she did not block me?

2) Half a year later, I saw her online on MSN.  How come I am able to see her online?
Is it because I have not remove Jane from my contact list and she did not block me, I can see her online status?
She could have deleted me from her contact list, she did not block me, and therefore I can see her online?

3) Under Tools > Option > Privacy> Contact list> See who has added you in their contact list> View> the following people have added you to their contact list> Jane is not in the list.
If Jane has deleted me from her contact list and she re-add me again, will her name re appear in my list?   
I did not receive the "Jane wants to add you" dialog box. This because all along I still have Jane’s contact.
I am able to see Jane online; Can she see me online if she has removed me from her contact list?

4) At this stage, I cannot determine what is my status in Jane’s contact list? Delete and/or Block, re-add?
I am able to see Jane online but can she see me online if I did not strike a MSN conversation with her?

I have installed MSN Plus version 4.6. Open “Contact List Clean-up” window, I select "Show contacts who have you in list” Jane’s contact is not there.
“Show contacts in your list has you” Jane=No

Please help me. Thank you.

This post was edited on 06-07-2008 at 10:59 AM by lunar.
06-07-2008 10:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
RE: Am i deleted, blocked or re-add?
1. Most likely as you said, it turned inactive.

2. If she never blocked you, you will be able to see her online regardless of her having you in her list. Sometimes people ignore the block checkmark that you find when you're about to delete someone.

3. As long as you're deleted from her list, she can not see your status. However, she can chat with you and see your status if she adds you again. Actually, she can chat with you even if she doesn't add you.

4. If you do send a message to her, she will get a notice saying "This person is not in your contact list." If you don't do anything, she'll probably never notice (unless she also opens the Tools > Options > Privacy > Contact list > See who..).

Simply said, she doesn't have you in her list, therefore she doesn't see your status, she probably doesn't even know that you have her in her list. Unless she opens the list and blocks you, you will be able to see her status.

PS: In my opinion, no matter what the case is, you should attempt to contact her again. There's no point in spying on her nick, status and PSM if you're not friends? If you can't communicate with her, I'd delete her (and block here).
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
06-07-2008 11:06 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
lunar

O.P. RE: Am i deleted, blocked or re-add?
hi Nitro
Thank for your advise.(Y)

Jane & I used keep in touch via MSN chat. Because a misunderstanding, she ignored me.

I decided to drop her an email despite she refused to return my call and sms.   

With the bounced email and the delete option is enabled in my Privacy tab, more or less she has removed me from MSN.
I attempted to call her at her home & HP but she hung up on me.

Only this year, I happened to see her online. But I dont know if i should approach her over MSN.

If she no longer regards me as a friend, I supposed I have to leave her alone even with the last communication - MSN. I dont want her to shut off from MSN because of my presence.

Recently, I noticed that she is not online.  It is almost a year.... still totally lost.....But my only and last try will be on her birthday which is around the corner.  I hope she will forgive me. 
06-07-2008 12:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: