What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Moving Emotes, saving emotes... etc

Moving Emotes, saving emotes... etc
Author: Message:
kraus

O.P. Moving Emotes, saving emotes... etc
I have a friend who is changing comps and wants to save her smileys, emoticons whatever you want to call them.

I have used Messenger Plus for awhile and remember coming across something that saves all the smileys despite computer change. How can she download it? I had her download MSGPLUS to do it.

06-09-2008 03:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Th3rmal
Veteran Member

Peek-a-boo! I see you!!

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Moving Emotes, saving emotes... etc
Try MSN Backup
It has nothing to do with Plus! but it should do the trick

This post was edited on 06-09-2008 at 04:02 AM by Th3rmal.
You have the intellect comparable to that of a rock. Be proud.
06-09-2008 04:01 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Moving Emotes, saving emotes... etc
Well I was going to recommend MSNBackUp (well, you can try it) but I just learnt that:
quote:
Originally posted by alex
You can backup, but you wont be able to restore on another comp, because its encrypted for that user on that PC
So the only way you can do it is to go to the location that your emoticons are saved. They are all saved as .TFR files, so you're going to have to rename them all to .PNG, then transfer them to the new computer and add them. That's the only way I know of.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
All the emoticons/display pictures/backgrounds are saved in the cache directory of MSN Messenger as TFR<number>.tmp or TFR<number>.dat:

for XP, Win2k, NT:
\Documents and Settings\<windows accountname>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\<your_msn_id_number>\
for 9x (with profiles):
\WINDOWS\Profiles\<windows accountname>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger
for 9x (without profiles):
\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger

So all you need to do is to copy, save and rename those files to .PNG and you can add them again with MSN Messenger.

So instead of:
Saved CE/DP/BG's => Open another messenger => send to original account => Use CE/DP stealer => copy and add them again to MSN

Just do:
saved CE/DP/BG's => copy and add them again to MSN

for more info, see:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=18...d=163605#pid163605

My friend done something similar today, made a new WLM account so she needed to transfer everything. Tried copy and pasting the folder to her new email address but didn't work, so she sent me the emoticons she wanted, I added them all, then she signed into her new account and I sent them to her.

This post was edited on 06-09-2008 at 04:07 AM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
06-09-2008 04:06 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: