What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Could not open Install.log.file

Could not open Install.log.file
Author: Message:
NB1

O.P. Could not open Install.log.file
When i try and unistall a program i keep getting the error message Could not open Install.log.file. It is a wise program and i have seen in the forums that there are similar problems but i could not understand the method used to fix this problem. Can u please explain in more simpler terms step by step how this plrocess is done. Thankyou .           
06-09-2008 04:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Could not open Install.log.file
This has got nothing todo with Messenger Plus!. So it should have been posted in the subforum "Tech Talk". I've requested to move this thread to there....

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways,

When you get such an error it useually means the needed log file doesn't exist anymore. This could be the result of so called "hard disk cleaners" or similar programs (like registry cleaners) which will clean out unused files. Such programs should only be used with extreme care and only when you know exactly what they are going to do. They should not be used by the general public, despite what they are advertised as and despite what is said or suggested in so many forums and websites.

Bottom line: you need that install log file in order to properly uninstall that program. If you don't have that file anymore you can not uninstall the program because the uninstaller does not know what has been installed.

In order to fix this, you could try to reinstall the program again. This should, hopefully, create a new install log file. After this, try to uninstall the program again.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-10-2008 12:23 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
NB1

O.P. RE: Could not open Install.log.file
I have tried re-installing and uninstalling the program but this has no effect. Are there any other suggestions for removing this program or step by step instructions for removing it manually?

Thankyou

06-10-2008 04:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: