What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Scripting problem, can't shut off script without manually doing so

Scripting problem, can't shut off script without manually doing so
Author: Message:
Suyasi

O.P. Scripting problem, can't shut off script without manually doing so
Hello,  a few scripts seem to have this problem upper case to lower case for one. The script supposedly has a command where you can turn off the uppercase->lowercase but it doesn't work. I'm interested in this sort of script and was wondering if anyone could help me/or make a way for the stop command to work.. I'm also trying to make a 'word filter' script [mainly to screw with my friend =P since we type so differently] but it has the same exact issue as the above script; you can only turn it off manually.

Thank you.
06-09-2008 10:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Scripting problem, can't shut off script without manually doing so
If a command from a script doesn't do what it is supposed to do then you should report it as a bug to the developer of that script.

-----

Also note that "turning off" can mean a whole lot of things.

In order for scripts to work, the scripts need to be active and thus running. If a script is active and running it will be shown by a ticked checkbox in the scripts list in the Plus! preferences.

But that does not automatically mean the script's own functions are enabled (or whatever else that script adds to Plus! and Messenger). Because the later depends on the script's own settings.

In general (and not to complicate things too much for now), commands can not simply stop and deactive a script in Plus! (shown by an empty checkbox in the scripts list in the Plus! preferences); you always need to do that manualy. They can however enable or disable the script's own functions or initiate other stuff which the script is designed to do, as that is the purpose of the script's commands....
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-09-2008 11:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Suyasi

O.P. RE: Scripting problem, can't shut off script without manually doing so
Silly me, I guess I meant the script's own functions do not work.. I hunted for a thread here where the author announced their script but had no such luck.

Yes however, the 'stoprplc' or what it is command won't work, it constantly keeps replacing the upper case with lower case unless you turn the script off.
06-10-2008 05:20 PM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Scripting problem, can't shut off script without manually doing so
You are correct, it does not work as it should.

You can modify it to work manually by going to script preferences > selecting 'Replace Upper Case to Lower Case' script > Edit.
In the new window which appears, search for
if (sEnabled = true){
replace with
if (sEnabled == true){

I'm only posting the fix here because I do not know the script developer nor how to contact them.

This post was edited on 06-10-2008 at 06:01 PM by Volv.
06-10-2008 06:00 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Suyasi

O.P. RE: Scripting problem, can't shut off script without manually doing so
Thank you Volv, I believe that fixed this script.
06-10-2008 07:05 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: