What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Event Viewer Glitch?

Event Viewer Glitch?
Author: Message:
Akratic

O.P. Event Viewer Glitch?
I was out of the room and when I came back in, I noticed this weird notification in my event viewer. It said that this non-contact had signed in, changed their name and personal message, and signed out.

I checked my contact list just to be sure, and I've been googling and searching everywhere to find out if it's some kind of bug or something. I really couldn't find anything out about it, though admittedly, I'm not the best at gleaning information. Still, the email seems suspicious. "fashion-guess@hotmail.com".

Anyway, I don't know if anyone has had a similar thing happen, but I'm hoping I can get some answers. I'm thinking it could be some kind of adware...thing. But how it would work, I really don't know, and I didn't find anything when I searched it, so eh. Not so sure how plausible it is, unless it's brand new.
06-10-2008 01:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Event Viewer Glitch?
That really couldn't happen. Either you have that ID in your contact list or allow list (Tools > Options > Privacy > Allow List). Other wise, its impossible.
06-10-2008 02:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Akratic

O.P. RE: Event Viewer Glitch?
Well...it did happen, and they aren't in my contact list, so I guess it must be possible to some extent, because I didn't imagine it.

I checked my contact list several times before coming to the conclusion that I still didn't know that person and had never added them before, so even if it were an error of ignorance, I am almost positive I'd have caught it. I've just checked it again, and still, nothing.

I'll pull up the log history as further proof if I must.

If it's that hard to believe, I'll even screenshot my contact list in the various ways one can explore it, but I'd rather not go through the trouble and just hope someone's either going to tell me to do something I haven't done before, or that they'll recognize the problem and have an explaination. But anyway, here's the bit of the log that's relevant:

fashion-guess@hotmail.com (fashion-guess@hotmail.com)
Date: 2008-06-10 - Time: 06:04:33
Signed In (Online)
fashion-guess@hotmail.com (fashion-guess@hotmail.com)
Date: 2008-06-10 - Time: 06:04:34
Name changed: Laetii. || ..L&J (*) <== Je T'aiime x'
Laetii. || ..L&J (*) <== Je T'aiime x' (fashion-guess@hotmail.com)
Date: 2008-06-10 - Time: 06:04:34
Personal Message changed: Chériie Coco Just Want To Be A Fshn Girl.x THIRSTY ME :: ' Jiihane, ILove You Bestiinaa ' Cousiinaa
Laetii. || ..L&J (*) <== Je T'aiime x' (fashion-guess@hotmail.com)
Date: 2008-06-10 - Time: 06:04:46
Signed Out

Like I said, I have checked the contact list time and time again, and unless I've become totally inept at finding people, this person never has been and, likely, never will be on my list. Allowed or disallowed.
06-10-2008 06:49 PM
joey

Epoc Faileur.

33 / Other / Flag
RE: Event Viewer Glitch?
er, showing your friends' email addresses publicly really isnt the best idea.

Break my heart all you want, i'm on the NHS.
ever wondered what it's like to ejaculate through your ears...? ;o
06-10-2008 07:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Akratic

O.P. RE: Event Viewer Glitch?
It's not my friend. It's the source of the problem. It's a random person I've never had on my contact list before. If I had any of my friends' emails in there, I'd have censored them.
06-10-2008 07:08 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: