What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » msn slows down computer

msn slows down computer
Author: Message:
[B]roken.[Hearts]

O.P. msn slows down computer
Ive no idea if this is just a bug with msn but i thought id ask incase there was naything i could do.

When i sign my msn in it loads fine but slows my computer down a lot and then freezes everything every 30 seconds or so. No matter how long i leave it, it never seems to calm down. The only way to stop it is to sign out of msn, exit it completly, re-open it and sign back in. Then everything works fine.

Could this just be a bug with msn?

Ive tried spybot, avg scans, defraged my computer, checked firewall settings, reinstaled about 5 times, tried system restore but nothing has seemed to help. Its a fairly fast XP computer that isnt very old at all. Its got tones of memory on it because i dont save a lot on here.

This problem has been ongoing now for a good few months altho i cant exactly remeber how long. It might have been since i upgraded to windows live 8. But i dont really want to downgrade back to 7.5.

I dont know if its important but i have an @hotmail.com address (i know people have had trouble wth the @live addresses).

Theres no other processes running on my computer at the time i sign msn in.

If anyones had the same problem or suggestions of what i could try it would be appreciated. Thanks
06-15-2008 01:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Reaper
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: msn slows down computer
Open up the task manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del) and click the processes tab. If you press the CPU column header twice it will sort the processes by the highest CPU usage. The higher the number the slower your computer (except for the System Idle Process)
When your computer is slow do the above to see what process slows down your computer (if a process is the problem)
06-15-2008 05:54 PM
[B]roken.[Hearts]

O.P. RE: msn slows down computer
MSN usually eats up the CPU.
06-15-2008 07:07 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites