What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » USay 1.1

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
USay 1.1
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: USay 1.1
code:
var i = new Enumerator(Contacts);
for (; !i.atEnd(); i.moveNext()) {
    var Contact = i.item();
    if (Contact.Email === Arg) return Contact.Email;
}
is way more readable than your use of a while loop but ok...

---------------------

Regarding timers.

The problem is not group chats... but a user who might sign out (before his/her name could be (re)set) and signing in under another Windows Live Id.

Reading your comments in the script I think I know where your confusing comes from though. The definition of a "user" is he/she who is running this script, thus the person who uses USay. The people you talk to aren't "users", they are the "contacts".

---------------------

Also, some detail, but still to be correct (especially considering that confusion can very easly occur if you don't name the things by their proper name, see above): it is "Windows Live Messenger", not "Messenger Live".
refering to some strings in the DLL now

;)

This post was edited on 06-16-2008 at 07:24 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-16-2008 06:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
michaelbadichi

O.P. RE: USay 1.1
isnt there a foreach function (like in stl)?
anyway, readability is a matter of opinion and coding style
sometimes you better split it to several statements, especially, if iteration takes more than 1 operation. you can also add comments when you split the lines (i.e: readable comments, on a per line basis with //, rather than inside the line with /* */)

but really, you are really diving into low-details, why cant you just enjoy this script as it is?
as i started programming at the age of 9, (am 33 now), beleive me, i know all these tricks, and many more :)

anyway, your suggestions are welcomed for v1.2 when (if) i release it.

This post was edited on 06-16-2008 at 07:08 PM by michaelbadichi.
06-16-2008 07:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by michaelbadichi
isnt there a foreach function (like in stl)?
That is exactly what
   for (; !i.atEnd(); i.moveNext()) {}
is for.

quote:
anyway, readability is a matter of opinion and coding style sometimes you better split it to several statements, especially, if iteration takes more than 1 operation. you can also add comments when you split the lines (i.e: readable comments, on a per line basis with //, rather than inside the line with /* */)
I wasn't talking about splitting lines or comments. As a matter of fact, you can do all that just the same with for() too.

And in case you meant comments about !i.atEnd() or i.moveNext(), you didn't added comments in the script for them either. If you did, I wouldn't have suggested what I suggested.

anyways...

quote:
but really, you are really diving into low-details, why cant you just enjoy this script as it is?
I never said I didn't enjoyed it, nor claimed it didn't work (except for that timer issue) or whatever.

I was just checking out the script to know exactly how you grabbed the font details and just wanted to give some (JScript/Plus! scripting specific) ideas/tips along the way since I was looking thru the code anyways.

---------------------

Something off-topic now:

Since you made a packet sniffer for a specific protocol message for this script, you might wanna consider changing it a bit and releasing it on its own so that people might use it as a real protocol sniffer.

You obviously already have all the needed work done, so not much needs to be changed and/or added to make something like that. Such a sniffer is asked for a lot by scripters and the only alternative scripters now have is the Xniff ActiveX. But Xniff has some serious problems and its creator has dissapeared from Earth... so...

This post was edited on 06-16-2008 at 07:28 PM by CookieRevised.
06-16-2008 07:22 PM
michaelbadichi

i might release the source code in a few days under GIT, i dont use external libraries except zlib.

many people seems to want the DIB library I made and th PE library my brother made (with the neccesary addition to extract import address)

if you cant wait you can use other libraries like detours (i used it in my QuickMX project at the time, only i added some features to make it work under Win9x and support DLL unloading, this project came 8th on lycos search by the way)

i dont really trust people to credit me for the work i did when using my sources, but i guess thats life :)

PS: how are your C++ & MFC skills?

This post was edited on 06-16-2008 at 07:46 PM by michaelbadichi.
06-16-2008 07:41 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
PS: how are your C++ & MFC skills?
extremely lousy :D

But there are many people here who are very skilled in it...

As for crediting your work: that's always a kind of chance you have to take with open-source. On the other hand, if you make it closed source, and thus provide the library which enables scripters to implement a sniffer in their scripts (just like Xniff), it would be very easly reconizeable that this library is used. And if they dare to not credit you in their script, there will always be volunteers to kick those people in the behind if you know what I mean ;)

The Plus! scripting community is rather small compared to the billions of programmers on the planet and very concentrated on these forums (obviously). So, scripts which use libraries for others without crediting or something will be reconized rather quickly, especially if it uses something like a sniffer.

This post was edited on 06-16-2008 at 09:59 PM by CookieRevised.
06-16-2008 09:56 PM
CyberMew

i wonder why you did not support font color as well...
07-02-2008 05:30 PM
mshaerqtr

38 / Male / Flag
Thank you

Has been successfully tested
07-02-2008 08:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
MrT

Coding For Fun

35 / Male / Flag
i have an error :S

Çağrılan fonksiyon: OnEvent_Initialize
INIT
Interop.Call "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\USay\USay.dll"yi yükleyemedi
Hata: bilinmiyor (kod: -2147467259)
      Dosya: USay.js. Satır: 36.
OnEvent_Initialize fonksiyonu bir hata getirdi. Kod: -2147352567
07-06-2008 10:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
michaelbadichi

CyberNew, i did support font color
however it is on the friend's window, not yours
07-16-2008 04:20 PM
CyberMew

sorry that i took a while to reply. i am actually referring to the color of the font, not just the fonttype itself

This post was edited on 08-01-2008 at 06:59 PM by CyberMew.
08-01-2008 06:56 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: