What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Contacts' status is shown wrongly in some Plus! windows

Contacts' status is shown wrongly in some Plus! windows
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Contacts' status is shown wrongly in some Plus! windows
When you delete someone while s/he is online, then open his/her Contact Information window or Contact List Clean-Up window, then Plus! shows that contact as Online.
[Image: attachment.php?pid=913963]

.png File Attachment: wronginfo.PNG (18.44 KB)
This file has been downloaded 252 time(s).
06-18-2008 04:32 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Contacts' status is shown wrongly in some Plus! windows
Seems normal to me at first sight without further looking in to.

When you delete a contact from your contactlist, it is only removed from your contactlist, not from your other lists.

And, most importantly you aren't immediatly removed from the contact's contactlist (he/she is still in your reverse list). Thus you will still be able to see his/her status.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-18-2008 05:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mattisdada

RRElive.com

32 / Male / Flag
Seems normal to me to, from how i see it.

It tells you the user was Online at some point that day, but you deleted them that day.... But that wont make them not have been online previously that day.
[Image: Siggy.png]

http://www.rrelive.com/RRElivev2

If you would like my theme for your phpBB3, please contact me.

Thy shouldnt be judged by thy rep givin to you, but by thy rep that you give.
06-20-2008 02:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Contacts' status is shown wrongly in some Plus! windows
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
And, most importantly you aren't immediatly removed from the contact's contactlist (he/she is still in your reverse list). Thus you will still be able to see his/her status.
I believe, we can only know people's status (doesn't matter Online or Offline) when they are in our Contact List. It has nothing to do with Reverse list or any other list.
quote:
Originally posted by mattisdada
It tells you the user was Online at some point that day, but you deleted them that day.... But that wont make them not have been online previously that day.
"Today" means "Now" in that window, not "the day we are currently living in". If you were right, then when we signout and re-sign in it would show the Last Online information as "Today" again, but no, if you sign out and re-sign in, the contact info window will show "Recently" at closest case.
Also the status image for such contacts should be a colorless msn buddy with a question mark on it because as I said above, I believe, we can only know people's statuses when they are in our contact list.
06-21-2008 05:27 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
confirmed after looking into it.

The problem is that Messenger Plus! shows the last seen status and doesn't update it when you delete or add a contact to the contactlist.

However, this may actually be a problem with Windows Live Messenger itself, which maybe doesn't update the status properly if a contact gets deleted or added.

This post was edited on 06-21-2008 at 06:37 PM by CookieRevised.
06-21-2008 06:30 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Contacts' status is shown wrongly in some Plus! windows
I found something in changelog of version 4.50
quote:
Fixed: in some rare occasions after signing-in or after experiencing connection problems, the wrong status is displayed for some contacts in windows such as desktop contacts and tabbed chats. This fix applies to Windows Vista and above only.
It may be a similar problem and Vista users may not be able to reproduce this bug if they are using 4.50+. I am on XP currently and I cannot test it myself.
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
However, this may actually be a problem with Windows Live Messenger itself, which maybe doesn't update the status properly if a contact gets deleted or added.
Can be. Because I opened a convo window with someone who is not in my list, then I added it by clicking on the link in the convo's info bar "Add this contact to your contact list." but the tab of the convo still displayed a grey buddy although Messenger shows it online after I added it.
06-21-2008 10:23 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Contacts' status is shown wrongly in some Plus! windows
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
I found something in changelog of version 4.50
quote:
Fixed: in some rare occasions after signing-in or after experiencing connection problems, the wrong status is displayed for some contacts in windows such as desktop contacts and tabbed chats. This fix applies to Windows Vista and above only.
It may be a similar problem and Vista users may not be able to reproduce this bug if they are using 4.50+. I am on XP currently and I cannot test it myself.

Is is not related to signing in or connection problems. Neither is it 'rare', it happens everytime, and is very reproduceable.
06-22-2008 01:11 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: