What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Mikomi.. again.

Mikomi.. again.
Author: Message:
acymcracy

O.P. Mikomi.. again.
I used the search function before I get shouted at, but there's been no answer to my kinda problem and my particular webcam.

Bought the Mikomi M6607M and is available in Plug & Play so I tried that. It said that it had found said new USB thing but had not installed properly therefore may not work.

I then tried the installation disc I got with the webcam, followed instructions, said it was installed. Whenever I click on the webcam to use it, it just says,

"Sorry, you have no video capture hardware.
Video capture will not function properly."

I really hope someone can help me

[edit]
Also, Windows occasionally comes up with "Found New Hardware" so I run that with the disc in etc and it says, "the hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software."

This post was edited on 06-28-2008 at 08:42 AM by acymcracy.
06-28-2008 08:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mattisdada

RRElive.com

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Mikomi.. again.
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=65513&page=1

See if anything in there can help.

Mikomi webcams doesnt seem to like working much :P

Well, ill try and help if i can, what type of cable does it use? Eg, firewire, usb. If its USB, try plugging it in the back rather then the front. Uninstall all drivers of it, then try plugging it in again.

Or, uninstall the drivers, leave it unplugged. Try installing one of these http://www.mingjong.com.tw/eipe/front/bin/ptlist.phtml?Category=100012 . Then plug it in again (in the back, not front USB)

EDIT: http://www.mingjong.com.tw/driver/V301_DC-1100_PCcam.exe Would be your best bet, but i cant tell really because i dont know the camara.

This post was edited on 06-28-2008 at 09:54 AM by mattisdada.
[Image: Siggy.png]

http://www.rrelive.com/RRElivev2

If you would like my theme for your phpBB3, please contact me.

Thy shouldnt be judged by thy rep givin to you, but by thy rep that you give.
06-28-2008 09:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Take it back if you can, or throw it away and get a better one.

They're so much hassle, it's just not worth it.

Edit: Oh and if you're using Vista, the webcam probably isn't compatible with Vista.

This post was edited on 06-29-2008 at 01:59 PM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
06-29-2008 01:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by mattisdada
EDIT: http://www.mingjong.com.tw/driver/V301_DC-1100_PCcam.exe Would be your best bet, but i cant tell really because i dont know the camara.
Why would that be the best bet? It is for a total different type. It would be just as 'good' as any other driver on that page.

quote:
Originally posted by acymcracy
Also, Windows occasionally comes up with "Found New Hardware" so I run that with the disc in etc and it says, "the hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software."
Sounds like a typical case of incompatibility of the drivers (make sure you only install the correct drivers for your OS, do not install any other ones!) and Windows.

Read the manuals that come with the camera, including the ones on the installation CD.

Have you tried to select the drivers yourself when that wizard comes up? The auto-search of such wizards are usually quite dumb and only work properly when the driver cd is designed properly. So, instead, navigate and select the proper driver yourself when the wizard comes up again.

But the others are correct though, those webcams seem to give a lot of installation problems. When searching around the web you come acrosss the same problems again and again without any proper solutions.

Can't find any trace of the model number M6607M anywhere though...

If all things fail, contact their tech support. Their email can be found on their site.

This post was edited on 06-29-2008 at 02:48 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-29-2008 02:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
acymcracy

O.P. RE: Mikomi.. again.
I tried all that uninstalling/different usb ports etc and I gave up.

I took it back and got a different one.. thanks for trying to help anyway!
06-29-2008 04:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: