What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » ACER ASPIRE 9710 HELP PLEASE

ACER ASPIRE 9710 HELP PLEASE
Author: Message:
Pyro

The Frog Is Back!

31 / Male / –
O.P. ACER ASPIRE 9710 HELP PLEASE
Hello, i am currently at work and for the last 4 hours i have been trying to get an acer aspire 97610 to work. it is approx 2 weeks old and has just been used in an office plugged into an external monitor, keyboard and mouse.

when i try to turn it on it boots through POST and then just gets to a black screen. i have tried running it through an external monitor and i get the same thing. the LCD backlight is working when the screen is black though.

i tried booting it up into winternals (a recovery CD) and it booted up but after it loaded xp bootscreen i got the same thing. i have also tried with the vista cd to just reformat it and i get press any key to boot from CD you know? and i press a key and then the screen would just go blank again.

i cannot seem to find the problem but yesterday i booted it off the vista CD and left it for an hour then restarted it and it worked. i restarted it approx 8 times that day every now and again just to check but when i took it out on site it did not work again. the hard drive is detected in BIOS and is in working order and i have also tried resetting the bios to default settings.

any help would be very much appreciated!!!

NOTE: when i knock the bottom of the laptop like i would knock on a door the heat sink rattles almost like it is loose. but if the CPU is cooked i wouldnt even get POST would i.

Thanks, Pyr0
[Image: angusl.png]
/!\5604 days, 6 hours, 18 minutes, 14 seconds ago Until Xmas!!/!\
06-26-2008 01:12 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Ozzymick_93

What a big nose, isn't it?

30 / Male / Flag
RE: ACER ASPIRE 9710 HELP PLEASE
Maybe i t can't help you but if you forget th CD in ROM, and it has a setup file It might turn on...But I think, it can't be a problem of spesific brand of laptop.
[Image: usermainhx2.png]
[Image: uballpe9.png]We levye* Gordon Freeman.*means crowbar.

06-30-2008 07:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: