What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Should Gordon Brown Resign

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Should Gordon Brown Resign
Author: Message:
in2town

O.P. Should Gordon Brown Resign
Ok, we have watched things in the UK go from bad to worse and if Gordon Brown was running a company or if he was a member of staff then he would have been shown the door by now, so do you feel that Gordon Brown should be shown the door or do we let him try and fix the mess that this country is in or do we let him continue make silly choices such as the ten pence tax.

Tony Blair knew when it was time to go but I do not think that Gordon Brown is taking the hint. My personal opinion is, we need new blood, we need a new party, we need people in power who know what is happening in the real world.

What do you think
we want to hear about your holidays. Go to www.in2town.co.uk lifestyle magazine and leave a holiday review, you could win a prize
06-29-2008 02:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Adeptus

RE: Should Gordon Brown Resign
No one cares.  It's the UK -- the nanny state where you have to be 16 to buy a steak knife in a store, and you have police cameras on every street corner.

So, what exactly is the problem with your most recent incompetent leader?
06-29-2008 04:25 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Tony Blair just left for the money and because everything had got so fucked up 8-)
[Image: jumbled.png]
06-29-2008 09:10 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
No one cares.  It's the UK -- the nanny state where you have to be 16 to buy a steak knife in a store
You're wrong. You will find its 18 years old to buy a knife in England, same as USA.

quote:
, and you have police cameras on every street corner.
Police cameras on every street corner? Lmao. Ok then. Police cameras are in public places.

quote:
So, what exactly is the problem with your most recent incompetent leader?
See first post, or Google.

This post was edited on 06-29-2008 at 01:08 PM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
06-29-2008 12:59 PM
joey

Epoc Faileur.

33 / Other / Flag
CHUCK NORRIS FOR PM.

but seriously, the uk is going to shit. the night before last someone was shot in the town near me, so gun crime is spreading and its getting worse. these stupid pricks carry round knives, meat cleavers, tasers, batons, guns, and a nice supply of drugs and alcohol. its no wonder they dont give a fuck about being aught. you dont just one day start stabbing people or intimidating them, its a gradual process, a mindset you feel you have to get into; peer pressure. the reason they dont give a damn when they get caught is they know
1. theyve got away with whatever they did so many times, it was worth it getting caught
2. they have no education. at 15, some of them were already TWOCing cars (taking without owners consent) and not bothering to go to school. when they do, they get expelled and their parents dont do a fucking thing.
3. a lot of what they do isnt helped by their parents. theyre the ones not showing them discipline and control from an early age.

all of this contributes, and thats just in the poor areas. there's many other young people that are well off too, and they just like to get drunk, and get into fights to prove to their mates and themselves that theyre big and hard. and there's mp consequences, so they get away scott free.

police are having to make cutbacks, and yet they need more of the on the street (thats a no-win for a start), ad there's all these stupid-ass regulations that they cant do something, or touch them until this happens, and there cant be any of this etc. its bullshit.

we do need a good pm yes, but we also need MP's that dont waste the taxpayers money on their house bills and expenses. they earn a great deal more than a majority of the population, and yet they expect to have some of their luxuries paid for by us, the people that can hardly afford to get to work due to fuel hikes, the people that dont dare step out their door in case of being intimidated or attacked, the people that are paying taxes, and trying to make their own lives comfier, instead we're being forced to pay for morgate on their 2nd house, the traveling costs of them coming down from scotland to London for a meeting etc. also bullshit.

fuel is also getting ridiculously high. a few years ago people were striking because it hit the 90p mark. diesel is now at an average of about 131.9p and petrol is about 116.9p and there's not much being done in the way of boycotts, strikes or really anything at al. the only thing we're doing is complaining about how crap it is. the best bit about these fuel hikes is that WE'RE PAYING V.A.T ON THE TAX. and the government are trying to do everything they can to make the price lower except take any tax or v.a.t off it. theyd hate to lose out, but so long as they can afford it, everything is OK.

also, look at food prices, the basic things we need such as milk and bread are going up in terms of price, to such an extent some people are really starting to struggle to live and there's nothing anyone can really do. mix all this with massive gas, water, and electricity price hikes and if it all keeps escalating like it is at the moment, the UK is going to end up like Zimbabwe.

And anyone that says "these bastard foreigners are ruining the country, making it worse" theyre not. theyre filling up the spare jobs in the economy, the jobs that lazy people living on the doll and benefits cant be bothered to g and get. they complain but its those jobs that they should be doing in the first place. we shouldnt have to need people from eastern europe to help fill up jobs that people from are own country cant arsed doing.

so we need: a new PM, new MP's that are trusting enough to look after themselves, more police, less tax, lower fuel, electricity,gas,water,food prices, more control on alcohol,drugs,knives and guns, a lower inflation rate, more stable house prices

ive only ranted on but a few of the main things that are contributing to a broken country, there's others, so dont think its just whats above thats to blame, its not by a long shot.
here's some statistics on it all. [pdf] - http://www.statistics.gov.uk/pdfdir/cpinr0608.pdf
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7284196.stm
http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/17062008/323/british-infl...l-food-prices.html

thats my 2 pence.

Break my heart all you want, i'm on the NHS.
ever wondered what it's like to ejaculate through your ears...? ;o
06-29-2008 02:54 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Brown will be kicked out of his party, as his MPs will fear losing their constituencies in the next election. We didn't vote him in, but we can vote him out. Labour won't take that, thus pressure for him to resign will increase.
06-29-2008 03:03 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
as for food and oil prices: all of Europe is affected by them. A single government can't do anything about it, it is world economy that dictates the prices; VAT and other taxes aren't going to dissapear or lower either as that would significantly affect other things like social security, education, etc. Most governments do not have profits but are in debt with others; lowering taxes and stuff isn't going to help at all in the long run. So all of those are hardly arguments against Gordon Brown personally (or other leaders in other countries for that matter).

Can't say anything about all the other stuff though...

This post was edited on 06-29-2008 at 03:10 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-29-2008 03:06 PM
Vazza

– / Female / –
You know, the way I see it is people still haven't forgiven the mess Tony Blair left so they take it out on the next person, in this case Gordon Brown. He's having to make the best out of a bad situation. And it will be the same if we vote in another PM. If Tony had gone when he was supposed to instead of continually waiting and putting it off, we wouldn't have this problem

And what I don't get is we didn't complain when he was chancellor and yet, now he's the PM, it's a completely different story. It seems the british are never happy when the get a, b and c so they complain when they can't get x,y and z. Call it a scot defending a scot but I somehow thing he's genuine enough and yes, he's only been in the job for a year, but for the mess that was left behind, it's going to take a lot longer than that.
I'll never forget how lucky I was 7266 days, 10 minutes, 14 seconds ago
[Image: 2tde3m][Image: 2y6ojm]
06-29-2008 04:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
andrewdodd13

Oh so retro

34 / Male / Flag
I think he's far from the best.

I mean, if you compare him to his Scottish counterpart (First Minister Alex Salmond), then he's in an awful position. A large majority of Scottish people (forgot what the English think about him, it's nothing to do with them - but we have to deal with Brown as well) think he is the bee's knees.

The only thing that I can really see that makes Mr. Salmond better is that he admits it when he cocks up. That way, no one really notices and makes a fuss.

As for the thing about knife / gun crime, I would say that around 95% of the problem is the fault of bad parenting. Having never been involved in a child's upbringing I can't really comment, but the way my parents brought me up I was never tempted to carry knives about with me. In generally, as icd said, you will find that all these children (because legally that's what they usually are) are from either poor families, or from families which just don't give a rats arse.

Solutions:
1) Sterilize scummy people. Problem: Well it's just not PC is it.
2) More police. Problem: Costs more.
3) More extreme punishments. Problem: Amnesty International. (If someone goes out and stabs someone for no reason then do the really deserve any form of freedom, ever?)

quote:
Originally posted by icd
so we need: a new PM, new MP's that are trusting enough to look after themselves, more police, less tax, lower fuel, electricity,gas,water,food prices, more control on alcohol,drugs,knives and guns, a lower inflation rate, more stable house prices
Lots of points.
A new PM: Just not bloody labour, please!
More Police: Costs more money
Less Tax: Less Tax = Worse NHS; Less Police; Less Education

Lower Fuel: Cookie already mentioned it's expensive on a worldwide scale. The alternative is Nuclear fuel (this would reduce dependency on fossil fuels freeing them up for other purposes) but people seem to be scared of this. What people don't realise is that oil is running out. I mean, I think there's around 40 years or so left. After that, there won't be a "damn, £5 a litre!". It'll be "so uh, how do I get to work now?"

Food Prices: Again, worldwide problem. Mainly because a few of the basic food groups (wheat and corn I believe) are being produced less as farmers grow biofuel crops.

More Control on Weapons: Leads back to the nanny state problem. Knives are the worst. You can kill someone with a kitchen knife, I have a few in the drawers downstairs I can think of. What's to stop someone just carrying one about?
Guns are a bit easier to control, but there's always grandad's revolver from the second world war that no one ever removed the firing mechanism from.
In all honesty, what we need is the death penalty. Seriously. It's about all America has that we don't. (I'd take Brown over Bush any day of the week) I mean, even a "scummy" isn't going to want to carry a knife around with him if killing someone means he's going to get himself executed. Even if that is a bit extreme, we need a more effective prison system.

Alcohol: The government make lots of money from alcohol. Alcohol fuelled incidents may have cost the NHS a lot of money, but I'll be damned if the tax didn't more than make up for it. (Ok ok, so it's bad that people got hurt and stuff, but still)

House Prices: This is homeowner's faults. People buying and selling for more than the actual value of the house thanks to cheap mortgages and then failing on the payments, putting the mortgage companies seriously out of pocket and putting interest rates through the roof.
[Image: AndrewsStyle.png]
06-30-2008 10:12 PM
joey

Epoc Faileur.

33 / Other / Flag
we can complain about the NHS, but thats only because we (or they) really realised it was going tits up too late. if it changed to something similar to the US system, the country would be fucked. so really, we should be glad to have the NHS, as crap as we say it is.

Break my heart all you want, i'm on the NHS.
ever wondered what it's like to ejaculate through your ears...? ;o
06-30-2008 10:23 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: