What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Locked out of WLM & all Microsoft sites

Locked out of WLM & all Microsoft sites
Author: Message:
WearyTraveller

O.P. Locked out of WLM & all Microsoft sites
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, seeking help with WLM.  I'm currently based in South Asia, and since September '07 WLM has enabled me to stay connected to family and friends.

After returning from a recent visit to the west, I had to reinstall my router (Utstar WA3002-g1 - provided by local ISP). Although the router will not connect wirelessly at present (seems to be a problem with Vista) I can connect via cable. Since reinstalling I have been unable to sign into WLM. I get error message 81000306. When I run the Troubleshooter it indicates a problem with key ports. It also gives various links to Live Messenger and Microsoft websites for further information. I'm unable to connect to any of these sites, and cannot connect to any Microsoft site by any other route.

I've tried disabling my firewall to no effect (and it didn't previously impede connection to WLM). I've checked time and date settings and this hasn't helped. There doesn't appear to be a proxy server issue in Internet Options.

As my local ISP provides almost zero customer support and I am not particularly knowledgeable about computers.  I'd appreciate any suggestions as to how I might tackle this problem, as I'm feeling increasingly isolated.
07-07-2008 08:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: