What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » Skinning video tutorials

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Skinning video tutorials
Author: Message:
BradT

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. Skinning video tutorials
PLEASE.....

Anyone up for making a video tutorial? or a series of short vids on making MSN skins...eg: like the ones for Photoshop etc on Youtube would be much better for people that find it easyier to actually watch how sumthing is done rather than read and get confused.

Can sumone get hold of Willz and try an persuade him to make sum..or can anyone else thats compident in making MNS skins have a go please.

I know i certainly do better at things when i can watch how its actually done and i think others will agree with me.

Any and All respones welcome :P

This post was edited on 07-11-2008 at 10:21 AM by Tochjo.
07-11-2008 09:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
RE: SKINNING VIDEO TUTORIALS!
it's all very well.... but it's mostly code. that'd be a crap video, with dodgy resolution and compression involved too it'd suck. We've got enough text tutorials for stuff like this I feel.
07-11-2008 09:41 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
BradT

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: SKINNING VIDEO TUTORIALS!
Well i find that the Photoshop Tuts are fine to watch and the zoom command would do nicely.

I just feel that there shud be more visual parts to the guide with screen shots etc.. I mean for example with the"CAT Head" shape there should have been an example of how that image was used in the XML.

But noo it just went onto how to use Rectangles..

As i too have a mask for my shape and a back ground image but i can only get one or the other to work.. either the shape or the picture :(

Wud be ideal if there was a complete tutorial on how again for eg: the "ironman" or "batman" skins were made.

Sorry for any bad spelling or gramma :P
07-11-2008 09:57 AM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
Well, we cannot wait for Willz to do everything. He is the best in skinning and there is no doubt about that but he has already done too much to help new skinners. He created OpenLive, he is writing a skinning wiki at the moment and he has already written 4 useful guides with skinning techniques. After you get used to the basic skinning engine with all that stuff, you will be able to understand more advanced techniques like shaped skins etc.
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
07-11-2008 10:01 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
BradT

38 / Male / Flag
Ok i get it just have to make do then..
:(

Just a lil frustrating cos i have everything i want ready and i cant put it into action because i dont under stand it fully....

for example my shape has a small indentation on eitehr side of the skin and wen you sign in it courses it to take a small chunck outa the contact list and on the left the link buttons... but if u look on "Ironman" his contact list is still contatined within plus his skin over hangs the orignal size of the window...

Im feeling like i already wanna give up..
07-11-2008 10:09 AM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
In IronMan, the contact list isn't bigger that the original size. I thought that too but what Willz did is he created a smaller window and padded everything inside and then he added pictures in the 4 edges.
07-11-2008 10:12 AM
BradT

38 / Male / Flag
:s lol ok so am i right in saying that u cant go any bigger than 100%? and by padding u mean reduced everything inside of the window?

If so How do you pad anything? lol please help if u can...
07-11-2008 10:21 AM
BradT

38 / Male / Flag
i think im also getting confused cos Ironman has so many layers :S lol
07-11-2008 10:23 AM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Skinning video tutorials
quote:
Originally posted by BradT
:s lol ok so am i right in saying that u cant go any bigger than 100%? and by padding u mean reduced everything inside of the window?
Padding means he changed the position of the elements. If he hadn't changed the position of the elements, then they wouldn't appear as he has cut the window.
07-11-2008 10:29 AM
BradT

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Skinning video tutorials
Oh god i have so much to learn.   :(

KK Thanks again i think ill just read the guides over and over till its drilled into my head then ill experiment and go from there :p
07-11-2008 10:31 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: