What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Polygamy Problem o___o???

Polygamy Problem o___o???
Author: Message:
xlos3rx

O.P. Huh?  Polygamy Problem o___o???
i think you people all ready know this but the Polygamy thingy doesn't work for me o___o..... it use too but not anymore o___o

i tried repairing it, it did work for like 2 seconds o___o and then it stopped.... i also wonder does msn messenger install everytime we click on it again 0___0??
07-31-2008 03:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lukychan

Lukychan

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Polygamy Problem o___o???
Maybe this is a bug, however try to uninstall Plus!, make a clean of system an registry with Ccleaner and reinstall the newest version of Msg Plus! Live.
08-02-2008 04:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Polygamy Problem o___o???
quote:
Originally posted by Lukychan
with Ccleaner
I strongly suggest not to use that unless you know what you're doing. Cleaners like that can do more damage than solving anything like this.

Using cleaners for stuff like this is useless anyways. Cleaners have no notion of what exactly you want to do or what program you want to target and what the needed steps for a specific program are (unless they are specifically designed for it, and even then they wont always be accurate). Registry cleaners will NOT remove those keys and the other file cleaners will NOT remove the files involved for this problem. Simply succesfull uninstalling via the normal way will most likely remove more registry keys specific to the program than you would be able to remove with such automated cleaners.

But in fact, polygamy has got nothing todo with any registry key or temporary files or whatever else CCleaner might attempt to "fix".

quote:
Originally posted by xlos3rx
i think you people all ready know this but the Polygamy thingy doesn't work for me o___o..... it use too but not anymore o___o

i tried repairing it, it did work for like 2 seconds o___o and then it stopped....
Check if you have any other addons or patches than Messenger Plus!. Even some scripts can corrupt Windows Live Messenger. So make sure you don't have any active scripts (disable or remove them) and that you don't have any other addons or patches.

Then re-install Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! (without any scripts or skins) and enable the polygamy option in Messenger Plus!. After that, restart Messenger and see if you can open another Messenger program by once again clicking on its startup icon or menu item in your Windows Start menu.

quote:
Originally posted by xlos3rx
i also wonder does msn messenger install everytime we click on it again 0___0??
Nope....

When you click on its icon or item in the Windows Start menu it is simply started up. Nothing is installed again as the link you click on goes to the program file, not to the setup/installer file.

Polygamy works by disabling the internal check in Messenger to see if another instance is already running. Normally, the Messenger program prevents you from starting up another instance by simply closing the new instance and switching to the already running instance. By disabling this check, Messenger wont be able to quit the new instance anymore when you click on its start link for a second time (or third, or fourth, ...)

This post was edited on 08-02-2008 at 05:47 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-02-2008 04:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: