What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [REQUEST] Message recorder Script...

[REQUEST] Message recorder Script...
Author: Message:
:No-Frost:

Msg Plus! 2 Official Testers

41 / Male / –
O.P. [REQUEST] Message recorder Script...
Some times qhen I leave my computer on, I receive some messages, but if someone turns off the computer, those messages are lost...

I don't like to use the "conversation history" option, so, it is possible to make a script that records the received messages so if the computer is turned off retains the message till I request to show them, and that way I get an option to delete the "received messages"...???

Thanks in advance ^^...
[Image: occl.png]
07-16-2008 09:43 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
RE: [REQUEST] Message recorder Script...
No, this is not possible, as it is not possible to determine what messages you have read and which ones you haven't. Also, it is impossible to save these messages at the instant that the computer is turned off, as it is an unexpected event.

Your best option is to enable message logging either within msgplus or WLM. It is impossible to display unread messages until you request to hide them, because there is no way to determine if you viewed before the computer is turned off.
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
07-16-2008 09:54 PM

41 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [REQUEST] Message recorder Script...
But it's possible to log the messages after set the plugin to record the messages (Like, if I'm online then I set my state to busy), then put the script to log every message received from that point (I select the option to activate it or not)... Then if the computer is turned off, the messages will be logged, and sinces they where logged at that state, the next time I will be able to read those messages...

I don't know if you can understand what I'm talking about... (my english is not very good :( :( :( )
07-17-2008 02:42 AM

41 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [REQUEST] Message recorder Script...
So... it's not possible then ????
07-21-2008 05:20 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [REQUEST] Message recorder Script...
Turning it on/off depending on the status doesn't make much sense either. As you might be recieving messages after you've set yourself to "busy", but when you're not at your computer. Or your computer might even crash the moment you received a message while you where "on the phone". So in that case you will miss those messages too. etc.... There are douzens of scenarios I can think of which might happen...

Just turn logging on, that's the easiest and most straightforward option if you want to make sure you've read all messages...

(why re-inventing yet another wheel when it already has two wheels to choose from?)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-21-2008 07:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: