What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM chat logs

WLM chat logs
Author: Message:
kymbo14

34 / Female / Flag
O.P. WLM chat logs
hi ya

Im not sure if anyone could help but how do i lock my chat logs?

I have now locked my newer chat logs with a password using "Plus" but how do i encrypt my older chat log files if i can?

Thanks for your help

kymbo14
07-18-2008 09:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: WLM chat logs
Plus! > Preferences > Conversations tab > Log Encryption(down left-hand side) and click the "Re-encrypt log files..." button.
[Image: jumbled.png]
07-18-2008 10:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
kymbo14

34 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: WLM chat logs
Yep tried that but it doesnt encrypt my old chat logs, i dont know what it does, i type in the password and then press the button and then i have to type in my password again and then it brings up my chat log folder and the option is to open it and when i manage to find a chat log it then says this files has not been encrypted by "Plus", so it cant open it, and when in this window i cannot view my chat log files but when i go to my documents view i can see my chat logs are visible. My chat logs appear an an HTML file, could this have anything to do with why i cant encrypt my older chat logs?
07-19-2008 12:39 AM
NeSsiKa

yeah it doesnt lock your old convos >.>
07-22-2008 11:36 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
I don't quite understand that myself. Never used it before, but I would of thought re-encrypting would select .html chat logs, then encrypt them like it says "apply your current password to existing logs", but it's asking for a .ple encrypted file rather than .html. :S
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
07-23-2008 01:41 AM
kymbo14

34 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: WLM chat logs
Thanks for the replys, just a shame i cant lock my older posts, not sure how else to make them private as i cant simply hide the chat log file as the chat logs can still be accessed through the plus menu on the msn drop down bars.

Anyone have any ideas on how i could make the chat logs only accesssable by me?

Thanks

Kymbo14 :):)
08-04-2008 12:41 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I don't quite understand that myself. Never used it before, but I would of thought re-encrypting would select .html chat logs, then encrypt them like it says "apply your current password to existing logs", but it's asking for a .ple encrypted file rather than .html. :S
That's what re-encrypting means though: replacing the old encryption with a new encryption.

------------

Anyways, kymbo14, did you search the forums? This question is already asked several times. As a matter of fact, there is a recent thread where the very same thing is asked and which was even replied to yesterday....

CookieRevised's reply to Password my Chat Log

Note that chat logs from Windows Live Messenger can not be encrypted. Only chat logs made by Messenger Plus! can be encrypted.

This post was edited on 08-04-2008 at 01:57 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-04-2008 01:55 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: