What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [Suggestion] Chat Log Export/Importing

[Suggestion] Chat Log Export/Importing
Author: Message:
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Suggestion] Chat Log Export/Importing
If only Plus! had a chat log importer and exporter.

I like to keep everything together, so I'd rather continue using WLM's chat logger than Plus!'s, as that would create two sets of conversation histories.

However, seeing that Plus!'s conversation histories are so much cooler, I would want to import WLM's histories into Plus!'s format.

Yet at the same time, if I don't use Plus! for a while, (such as when I'm not using my own computer), I would not be able to save conversation history to it. Consequently, I'm also requesting an exporter so that I can bring along my history and save it wherever I go.

Patchou, wanna add this feature to Plus!? I'm sure many new users would like all their history together!

This post was edited on 07-21-2008 at 01:17 PM by Nagamasa.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6562 days, 6 hours, 1 minute, 29 seconds ago.

06-26-2008 01:06 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Suggestion] Chat Log Export/Importing
bump

07-21-2008 01:18 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Suggestion] Chat Log Export/Importing
The Chat Log Viewer from Messenger Plus! can already display the default logs from MSN Messenger and Windows Live Messenger.

So you don't realy need to import anything if you want to view them, just copy all those logs to the same directory as where your Plus! logs are or vice versa. Then point the log viewer to this directory and you can view all the logs (Plus!'s and WLM's).

Note: there is nothing to import or export actually. What you might mean is converting the formats. But as said, that isn't realy needed either as the Plus! log viewer can already view both formats.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-21-2008 01:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Suggestion] Chat Log Export/Importing
Well I have a lot of logs that aren't nearly full (like just a couple hundred KB), and if I switch over to Plus! histories, won't I get a whole new set of histories?

And also, by importing, I mean adding in the default emoticons into the histories, like (R) and :)s, and yeah also converting the formats.

And by exporting, I meant to somehow continue that chat log without making yet another whole set of logs if we uninstall Plus!.

(and also, as a side-suggestion, maybe we should somehow auto-integrate the the Plus! Viewer into the default Messenger history viewer, I actually never used the Plus! viewer.)

07-23-2008 12:29 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: