What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Search in all logs - filter by contact(s)

Search in all logs - filter by contact(s)
Author: Message:
Logan

O.P. Search in all logs - filter by contact(s)
When you have a lot of chat logs and you're looking for text in one of them with a specific contact, it's difficult to use "search in all logs" to find it because you have to search the logs of all other contacts which would take an incredible amount of time if all the logs are encrypted.

There *needs* to be a feature to search all the logs with a specific contact. Ie: search all logs of only "myfriend@hotmail.com" with all the options of search all logs (ie: text to find, location, options, etc...).

Thanks!

This post was edited on 07-23-2008 at 11:18 PM by Logan.
07-23-2008 11:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Search in all logs - filter by contact(s)
First of all, this is how Plus! is designed, this topic has nothing to do with Bug Reports forum. Thread has been reported to be moved to Suggestions forum.

Your suggestion is good however this is a matter of user preference for chat logging option. It looks like you're logging your chats by date. If you logged them by contact like me, you wouldn't have any problem with searching inside one of your contact's folder.

I would like to extend this suggestion with the ability to filter by date too. Because when I need to search my logs without remembering who wrote the message I'll be searching for but remembering the month(s) of the message, it would be good to filter the months in multiple contact folders.

This post was edited on 07-24-2008 at 10:30 AM by ahmetgns.
07-24-2008 10:27 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
I have an idea regarding this suggestion.

If a "Search in Files Content" option is added to the Options menu below "Include Sub-Directories", we can firstly search FOR files/folders by their names by unticking that option first, then we can continue searching IN files by selecting the location as "Found Files Subset" and ticking the content option again.

09-18-2008 07:25 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
I would like to extend this suggestion with the ability to filter by date too. Because when I need to search my logs without remembering who wrote the message I'll be searching for but remembering the month(s) of the message, it would be good to filter the months in multiple contact folders.
I think it would be very useful if we were able to filter by date. Let's hope Patchou adds it in the next version. :)
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
09-18-2008 12:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: