What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN Messenger signing in

MSN Messenger signing in
Author: Message:
Chris13

O.P. MSN Messenger signing in
Hello all.
I am facing a strange problem for some months now..I did a search about it, but I couldn't find anything.

My problem is, that when Windows starts up it starts msn just fine and it tries to automatically sign in. But it is still there, saying "Signing in...". There is no troubleshoot message or anything, it is still there and it doesn't signing me in :S
To sign in I have to exit the messenger and reopen it, hopping that it will work and If it doesn't, I just do the same thing..or I just hit cancel and sing in buttons several times to sign in..(I also re-installed the messenger, but that didn't work either -.-)
I have Windows XP and Windows Vista in 2 separate hdds. This problem was only appearing on my Windows XP and now on Windows Vista too (And not only when Windows starts up, it happens almost every time I try to sign in).
So can I do anything to fix this (It's really annoying)?

Also another weird thing..Long ago, when I was signing in on Windows Vista and making some changes on my personal message or on my nickname (or my display picture), the changes were automatically made on my messenger on Windows XP. Now this doesn't happen - it acts like 2 separate hotmail accounts or something. Not that I really want to have the same things in both messengers, I am like "why is this happening?".

Thank you.
07-18-2008 02:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris13

O.P. RE: MSN Messenger signing in
I figured out that this problem is caused by AVG's Instant Messaging "protection"...again.
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=84...d=918501#pid918501
07-25-2008 11:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: