What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM Not Responding

WLM Not Responding
Author: Message:
DejaVoo

– / Female / Flag
O.P. WLM Not Responding
Is it just me or has anyone else been having issues with WLM over the last couple of days??? It seems to be freezing up all the time and not responding. My end task button is getting a real workout…

WLM 8.5
Messenger Plus 4.6
Windows XP Home (Service Pack 2)
07-25-2008 04:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
[B]roken.[Hearts]

RE: WLM Not Responding
I get windows live messenger encounterd an error and needs to close quite a few times the last week or so
07-25-2008 08:30 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Try deleting Messenger cache. Exit WLM first.

Windows XP:

Start > Run > Type %TEMP% and click OK. Delete the folder MessengerCache.

Windows Vista:

Start > In the search box type %TEMP% and press enter. Delete the folder MessengerCache.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
07-26-2008 04:27 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
DejaVoo

– / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: WLM Not Responding
Thanx Chris I'll give that a go cause it's driving me [Image: insane.gif]

:)

07-26-2008 04:04 PM
Lainden

I'm facing the same problem too... i've deleted the messengercache folder and hope it doesn't happen again....

But now i have a question. After WLM crashes from "Not Responding" Error, Messenger Plus will not load after restarting WLM again... It will prompt the following:

"An error occured which prevented Messenger Plus! Live from loading properly. You can try reinstalling the software or wait for an update to be available."

I tried reinstalling Messenger Plus but the same error will still happen. The only way to solve it is by rebooting my PC which is quite troublesome... Anyone got suggestions on how to let Messenger Plus run properly even after WLM crashing without having to reboot the whole system??

Btw, i'm running on the same versions/OS as the thread starter

This post was edited on 07-29-2008 at 07:32 AM by Lainden.
07-29-2008 03:58 AM
DejaVoo

– / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: WLM Not Responding
I’m still having the same issues with WLM, I did do what Chris suggested but it hasn’t helped and I’ve been trying to think of what I did last week that could have caused this and I just remembered that there was something kinda strange that happened, I had forgotten about and I’m not sure if it is related anyway…

I have an old WLM hotmail account that I don’t use anymore and last week I signed into it for the first time in ages, there are no contacts on there anymore as everyone is blocked and deleted and moved to my current WLM account, anyway when I signed on I had an invite from trinalevuba@hotmail.com and I accepted not thinking much of it…

As soon as I did a chat window opened and the DP was of 2 girls and their boobies and they started to chat about things of a rather sexual nature (at least you guys should get a good laugh outta this) anyway I didn’t stick around to find out if they were going to send me any links or if it was some kind of bot I just blocked and deleted (girl’s boobies are not my thing although I am kinda fond of my own :P)…

Has this happened to anyone else??? Could this be causing the problems I’m having??? Are girl’s boobies the root of all things evil on WLM??? Seriously if anyone has come across anything like this before please let me know… 

As tempting as it might be DO NOT add that address in case as I said girl’s boobies are causing my problems, I just wanted to see if anyone else had received an invite from the same hotmail address…

07-29-2008 02:46 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Yes, the same happened to me but a different email address.
dalenopakys@hotmail.com

I didn't block and delete straight away. It was advertising a premium webcam membership site, pretending to be a hot girl.

But nothing has happened to me.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
07-29-2008 11:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
[B]roken.[Hearts]

Ive been having a lot of issues with WLM lately. Like the past few days it wont send or recieve messages, or sign in sometimes, or gives me message cant be deliverd, or tells me i have connection problems when i know i dont.

But apparently microsoft have been having some issues over the past few days so it might just be related to that. might just be a waiting game for it to be fixed.
07-29-2008 11:52 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: