What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Avg linkscanner

Avg linkscanner
Author: Message:
[B]roken.[Hearts]

O.P. Avg linkscanner
I dont know if anyone here can help me with a problem ive been having with the AVG linkscanner for quite a few weeks now. but i think its slowly getting worse.

I have the new AVG8 with the link scanner running on IE6 and Firefox. When i first open IE the link scanner works fine and does so for a few hours. But after a while... 2 hours or so i guess... i'll serch for something on google and i will no longer get the little icons at the side of each result to say if its safe or not.
(The green ticks or red X's).
The only way i can get them to show up is by closing the internet page and re-opening it in a new window. But AVG always says all components are working properly even at the time the safety icons will not show up.

I can also get it to work if i go to file, new window. When the new window opens AVG will scan the lniks in the new window and mark them as safe or not. But not on the original window.

Ive tried dissabling it via both AVG and IE addons but neither worked until i closed and re-opend the page (which makes the link scanner work again anyway).

Ive also tried clearing temp files and cookies, disk clean up ect. Ive tried re-instaling AVG and updating but nothing seems to work.

I have an XP computer, fully up to date and virus and spywear free. My AVG is also fully up to date and says its working fine. I cant see it being a problem with my connection either because of it working when i open a new window, yet never works in the original until i close it.

Any help would be appreciated
08-09-2008 11:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: