What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » Help: Can't find the code for an evil white line.

Help: Can't find the code for an evil white line.
Author: Message:
Chrislah

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Help: Can't find the code for an evil white line.
hey!

i've been looking foreverr. can someone tell me where i can find the code for the line on the left of the scrollbar, on the contact list?

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u289/Scrislah/evil_line.png

if possible, whereabouts in the text file, cause i think i know which text file it should be in.

i wanna make it a darker color cause it doesnt really fit in :)
08-10-2008 01:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Help: Can't find the code for an evil white line.
its in the scrollbar code for 1001. If you are using Open Live you can disable this line in skininfo.xml by looking at the rectangle replacement section.

If you aren't well then you have to go into the 1001 style and edit:

code:
Scrollbar
{
AccName:rcstr(20194);
AccRole:3;
Accessible:true;
Padding:rcrect(20189);
BorderThickness:rect(0,0,0,0);
BorderColor:rcclr(59504);
}
Scrollbar[vertical]
{
AccName:rcstr(20195);
AccRole:3;
Accessible:true;
Padding:rcrect(20188);
BorderThickness:rect(0,0,0,0);
BorderColor:rcclr(59504);
}

This will remove the line, but if you want to just change the color of it will just edit the bordercolor property instead.

Note that this will only apply to the contact list itself. If you want to do this to all windows then you have to do this to all the style files.

This post was edited on 08-10-2008 at 01:30 PM by Willz.
08-10-2008 01:29 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chrislah

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Help: Can't find the code for an evil white line.
aah! thanks! it worked :)

while we're here.. i don't s'pose you know why this is happening?

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u289/Scrislah/sillydpthing.png

i checked all the DP pics are being replaced properly. but its still using a bigger image for a smaller dp frame.. it does the same if i set it to a larger DP frame.

im trying to have 4 options on the contact list for Large DPs, Medium DPs, small DPs and no DPs.

this is what the DP size part of my 1009 definition looks like:

code:
                <element <*PlusSkin Conditions(listdp = "none")*>LayoutPos=None</*PlusSkin*><*PlusSkin Conditions(listdp != "none")*>LayoutPos=auto</*PlusSkin*> layout=filllayout() id=atom(idUserTileArea)>
                        <element layout=filllayout() id=atom(idUserTileVisibility) padding=rect(0,0,0,0) visible=<*PlusSkin Conditions(listdp = "full")*>true</*PlusSkin*><*PlusSkin Conditions(listdp = "medium")*>true</*PlusSkin*><*PlusSkin Conditions(listdp = "small")*>true</*PlusSkin*><*PlusSkin Conditions(listdp = "none")*>false</*PlusSkin*>>
                            <element layout=filllayout() id=atom(idUserTileContainer) class="<*PlusSkin Conditions(listdp = "full")*>full</*PlusSkin*><*PlusSkin Conditions(listdp = "medium")*>medium</*PlusSkin*><*PlusSkin Conditions(listdp = "small")*>small</*PlusSkin*><*PlusSkin Conditions(listdp = "none")*>small</*PlusSkin*>">
                                <buddytile tooltip=true id=atom(usertile) SizeId=<*PlusSkin Conditions(listdp = "full")*>0</*PlusSkin*><*PlusSkin Conditions(listdp = "medium")*>1</*PlusSkin*><*PlusSkin Conditions(listdp = "small")*>2</*PlusSkin*><*PlusSkin Conditions(listdp = "none")*>1</*PlusSkin*> Email=bind(property:".";transform:127;default:" ") IsBuddy=bind(property:".";transform:126) UserTileStyle=cacheonly Active=Inactive/>
                            </element>
                            <element id=atom(idUserTileBorder) class="<*PlusSkin Conditions(listdp = "full")*>full</*PlusSkin*><*PlusSkin Conditions(listdp = "medium")*>medium</*PlusSkin*><*PlusSkin Conditions(listdp = "small")*>small</*PlusSkin*><*PlusSkin Conditions(listdp = "none")*>small</*PlusSkin*>"/>
                        </element>
                    </element>

[edit: ohh thats a mess. i can upload it in a text file if neccesary.]

i tried to set idUserTileContainer, usertile and idUserTileBorder to change size based on the options. im all out of ideas :s

hope someone can help, and that ive not been too confusing :)

This post was edited on 08-10-2008 at 01:46 PM by Chrislah.
08-10-2008 01:44 PM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Help: Can't find the code for an evil white line.
its because display pictures do not automatically scale down. Setting the border size only changes the border and not the actual picture. To make it scale you have to make a custom display picture container that tells it to scale.

Its a lot easier to just use Open Live, all the tricky stuff is already done for you and its a lot easier to manager your skin.

This post was edited on 08-10-2008 at 01:48 PM by Willz.
08-10-2008 01:47 PM
Chrislah

– / Male / Flag
yeahh. the problem is, open live as released after i started making my skin from stratch. it'd too much trouble now to move everything into that. ive done quite a lot.

i didnt think they scaled themselves. but i thought the smaller and larger images already existed in messenger so i could just replace them.

so anyway. youre saying i should make the actual borders of different sizes, then get the skininfo file to replace the border based on the options? 'cause i think i can do that :)
08-10-2008 01:56 PM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Help: Can't find the code for an evil white line.
quote:
Originally posted by Chrislah
yeahh. the problem is, open live as released after i started making my skin from stratch. it'd too much trouble now to move everything into that. ive done quite a lot.

i didnt think they scaled themselves. but i thought the smaller and larger images already existed in messenger so i could just replace them.

so anyway. youre saying i should make the actual borders of different sizes, then get the skininfo file to replace the border based on the options? 'cause i think i can do that :)

Well no what I was saying is that to change display picture size you actually have to edit the display picture element itself to accommodate to this (not the border).

Open Live isn't that hard to adapt to anyway. All the images are ordered, named properly, msnrle is totally gone and window text colors are all managed through skininfo so any change you make it applies to all of messenger.

Its got all the tricky stuff like the display picture scaler already ready to go. The time you spend trying to figure it out is about the same you would spend on coverting the skin to Open Live anyway. I'd explain it but I am not entirely sure on how it works myself since it was a group effort back in the early days of WLM skinning (before all this messenger plus stuff :P).

You can always just take the code from open live, just remember to credit if you do ;) especially if you are using this in the contest.

This post was edited on 08-10-2008 at 02:02 PM by Willz.
08-10-2008 02:01 PM
Chrislah

– / Male / Flag
hmm. i guess i'll give it a go, then :)

and aah okay, i thought container meant the thing that contains something. surely the actual image is the containee :P

i did already try doing that but obviously i failed.

openlive it is!
thanks for your help! :)

Edit!: on second thought, moving into openlive may just take the rest of my life. all the openlive files are named properly, all mine are named inproperly :) plus there are a few features that openlive doesnt have that i think i may find difficult moving over.

i'll still credit you, since i read some of your guide thingies and i used openlive to find things etc :) fair is fair

This post was edited on 08-10-2008 at 02:20 PM by Chrislah.
08-10-2008 02:08 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: