What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Change Status When Specific Contact Signs In?

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Change Status When Specific Contact Signs In?
Author: Message:
pcls15036

O.P. Huh?  Change Status When Specific Contact Signs In?
Hi all!

Is there a script that can change my status to online when a specific contact signs in? If not, how would I go about it (I don't really know very much at all about scripts).

Any help appreciated
Richard
:)
08-11-2008 08:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Shining One

– / Female / –
RE: Change Status When Specific Contact Signs In?
It's nice idea but I don't see any script like this.
I hope that the developers create this script. By scripting, everything is possibel.
08-12-2008 04:34 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Clearly you want to change johndoe@hotmail.com to the email address you want this to happen with.

code:
function OnEvent_ContactSignin(sEmail) {
    if ( sEmail === 'johndoe@hotmail.com' ) Messenger.MyStatus = STATUS_ONLINE;
}

This post was edited on 08-12-2008 at 06:50 PM by matty.
08-12-2008 06:48 PM
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
The code posted by matty is correct. Although I assume you don't know how to make a script from it, so I'll explain you:
  1. Open your Messenger Plus! Live preferences. This can be done from the contact list (click the Plus! toolbar button and choose "Preferences") or from any chat window. (send "/prefs")
  2. Go to the panel "Scripts".
  3. Next to "Developers only:", click "Create New".
  4. Give your script a name, something like "Change Status When Someone Signs In" or whatever you want.
  5. The Script Editor will open. Select everything and delete it.
  6. Copy-paste matty's code into the window. Change the e-mail address to the address of the person you want and click "Save All". You'll see that the debug area will read:
    quote:
    Script has been stopped
    Script is starting
    Script is now loaded and ready
  7. Now, try it out! When that contact signs in, your status should change to online automatically.
You can enable and disable the script from the Plus! Live preferences window in the Scripts panel by (un)checking it in the list and clicking OK or Apply. This is a very simple script, but it should function without any problems.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
08-12-2008 07:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
The code works. Thank you Matty and Mattike. Great idea pcls15036! :) But how can I set it to change my status to online for more than one contacts?

This post was edited on 08-12-2008 at 10:45 PM by Basilis.
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
08-12-2008 10:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
keep adding
code:
|| sEmail === 'johndoe2@gmail.com'
to the if line as follows
code:
    if ( sEmail === 'johndoe@hotmail.com' || sEmail === 'johndoe2@gmail.com' ) Messenger.MyStatus = STATUS_ONLINE;
}
08-13-2008 06:47 AM
pcls15036

O.P. RE: RE: Change Status When Specific Contact Signs In?
quote:
Originally posted by matty
Clearly you want to change johndoe@hotmail.com to the email address you want this to happen with.

code:
    if ( sEmail === 'johndoe@hotmail.com' ) Messenger.MyStatus = STATUS_ONLINE;
}

Thanks a lot for the script! :D ... and the one further down for additional e-mail addresses! :D

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
The code posted by matty is correct. Although I assume you don't know how to make a script from it, so I'll explain you:
  1. Open your Messenger Plus! Live preferences. This can be done from the contact list (click the Plus! toolbar button and choose "Preferences") or from any chat window. (send "/prefs")
  2. Go to the panel "Scripts".
  3. Next to "Developers only:", click "Create New".
  4. Give your script a name, something like "Change Status When Someone Signs In" or whatever you want.
  5. The Script Editor will open. Select everything and delete it.
  6. Copy-paste matty's code into the window. Change the e-mail address to the address of the person you want and click "Save All". You'll see that the debug area will read:
    quote:
    Script has been stopped
    Script is starting
    Script is now loaded and ready
  7. Now, try it out! When that contact signs in, your status should change to online automatically.
You can enable and disable the script from the Plus! Live preferences window in the Scripts panel by (un)checking it in the list and clicking OK or Apply. This is a very simple script, but it should function without any problems.

With the teensy bit of ready of the documentation thingy, sorry I can't remember it's full name :$ lol ... I had just about figured this, but thanks for the reminder instead of having to find it all again. Very much appreciated. Thanks to both of you!

This post was edited on 08-13-2008 at 09:43 PM by pcls15036.
08-13-2008 09:43 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
hmm, it's a good script, but i've spotted a bit of a flaw

what happens if you're away from your computer and it changes your status to online and that person then tries to talk to you thinking that you're online when infact you're not at your computer?

if a way around this can be found then i'd like to help with further development of the script and possibly include a menu to help auto-input the e-mail details, etc so that it doesn't involve script editing for anyone who wants to use it
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5235 days, 21 hours, 4 minutes, 41 seconds ago
08-13-2008 10:47 PM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
I could help with creating the options panel and the about window. Also, an idea came to my mind. We could make it so that you can select for which contacts your status will be changed and then select what your status will be. So the user will have the option to select how his status will be changed. It could also have an option ( referring to djdannyp) in which an auto-reply would be send if you don't answer in a specified time.
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
08-13-2008 11:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
I don't see the point in bloating such a simplistic script. But whatever you guys want to do go for it. We are always here to help out.
08-14-2008 06:14 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: