What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » A question and suggestion on colorization

A question and suggestion on colorization
Author: Message:
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
O.P. A question and suggestion on colorization
I've only just discovered the Consolidated styles (Amazing I lasted this long, it's a lifesaver :P), and I found that some of the colours aren't shon, because they're colorized. So what exactly does the Colorized. I=xxx mean? How do I find out what it should look like in the default color scheme?

Now to my suggestion. As there is an image resource bible already, which has helped me numerous times, what about a color resource bible? This would also be a great help to me and probably to other skinners. An example entry would be similar to this:

(Color Fill) | RGB | ID: 45110 | 245,245,245 | Referenced in: 919, 920, 921, etc.
(Color fill (default color scheme)) | Colorized | ID: 1186 | I: 237 | Referenced in: 919, 920, 921 etc.

08-11-2008 08:37 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: A question and suggestion on colorization
quote:
Originally posted by ryxdp
I've only just discovered the Consolidated styles (Amazing I lasted this long, it's a lifesaver :P), and I found that some of the colours aren't shon, because they're colorized. So what exactly does the Colorized. I=xxx mean? How do I find out what it should look like in the default color scheme?

Now to my suggestion. As there is an image resource bible already, which has helped me numerous times, what about a color resource bible? This would also be a great help to me and probably to other skinners. An example entry would be similar to this:

(Color Fill) | RGB | ID: 45110 | 245,245,245 | Referenced in: 919, 920, 921, etc.
(Color fill (default color scheme)) | Colorized | ID: 1186 | I: 237 | Referenced in: 919, 920, 921 etc.

Too much effort to be honest, color values are a lot more likely to change from one version to another. Already from 8.5 to 9.0 the majority of numbers are all changed.

Besides most people would want to change the color anyway so the original value isn't really much of use.

You can always check out the consolidated windows in styles if you are ever unsure to what each color is.

-- edit  --

oh yeah I=xx means the intensity based on the default blue color of messenger. Not a good method to use imo. The ARGB <colorize>true</colorize> method is a lot better.

This post was edited on 08-11-2008 at 09:33 AM by Willz.
08-11-2008 09:21 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
RE: A question and suggestion on colorization
quote:
Originally posted by ryxdp
I've only just discovered the Consolidated styles (Amazing I lasted this long, it's a lifesaver :p)
Just make sure you're not skinning the actual consolidated defs/styles as it will limit your skin to English only (or whatever language you're currently using for WLM) :)

This post was edited on 08-11-2008 at 10:23 AM by Volv.
08-11-2008 10:06 AM
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: A question and suggestion on colorization
quote:
Originally posted by Willz
Too much effort to be honest, color values are a lot more likely to change from one version to another. Already from 8.5 to 9.0 the majority of numbers are all changed.

Besides most people would want to change the color anyway so the original value isn't really much of use.

You can always check out the consolidated windows in styles if you are ever unsure to what each color is.

Alrighty then :P. What I meant was if people don't know where the element with the color is in the styles file (should have elaborated on that :P), it tells you where it is, for example:

"blue border in contact list, element X in style Y, rcclr Z (In fact I actually do need to know what element that border is in).

quote:
I=xx means the intensity based on the default blue color of messenger. Not a good method to use imo. The ARGB <colorize>true</colorize> method is a lot better.

Yeah, I'm not actually going to use those. I just want to know what the colors are, and if they match up to the rcclrs referenced in the styles, so I know I'm editing the right thing.

EDIT: @Volv: I only use the Consolidated styles for reference, as recommended :D

This post was edited on 08-11-2008 at 10:15 AM by ryxdp.
08-11-2008 10:12 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: