What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » User is typing a message Alert script?. I hope this!.

User is typing a message Alert script?. I hope this!.
Author: Message:
Shining One

– / Female / –
O.P. Cool  User is typing a message Alert script?. I hope this!.
Hello,
Greetings for all members :)
First, I want to thank all developers for these cool scripts  and its  sweet features.
I use a screen reader to deal with Windows Live Messenger but its very bad with it. but Messenger plus! was help me to connect with my friends and family using Chat logs because I can't reach to the messages in conversation window by my screen reader.
Sometimes I typing my message to my friend in that moment which he's typing to me. and I sending my message in that moment which my friend sends to me his message. Briefly, I can't see "(NAME) is typing a message" to stop my writin. I hope that the developers create a little script playing a sound when user is typing a message to help all blinds and visual impaired. Remember, By messenger plus we become the best and we were connect with our friends and family rapidly and easily.  Without this great software the blinds and visual impaired can't use Windows Live Messenger. Please Please Create this script in this idea like "New Message Audio Alert" script.
I hope you to understand my mean. :)
Best Regards,
Shining One.
08-12-2008 04:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: User is typing a message Alert script?. I hope this!.
This is a very good idea and I'd love to see this script being created. This won't only help people a lot, it'd be a great feature even if you're not visually impaired at all. :D

Although, being a script developer myself, I know there isn't a built-in event in Plus! Live scripting which gets fired when a contact starts typing. It is possible to detect this through the Messenger protocol using a protocol sniffer, but unfortunately the Xniffer has some serious flaws causing it not to work properly on many systems. Therefore, we're all waiting for someone to create a proper protocol sniffer which can be used in Plus! Live scripting. When this would be released, a whole lot of new scripts could be made. :)
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
08-12-2008 06:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Shining One

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: User is typing a message Alert script?. I hope this!.
Thank you Mattike for your nice reply. :) I hope my idea become in a script soon. ^_^..
Best regards,
Shining One.
08-12-2008 07:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
TheGuruSupremacy

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
This is a very good idea and I'd love to see this script being created. This won't only help people a lot, it'd be a great feature even if you're not visually impaired at all. :D

Although, being a script developer myself, I know there isn't a built-in event in Plus! Live scripting which gets fired when a contact starts typing. It is possible to detect this through the Messenger protocol using a protocol sniffer, but unfortunately the Xniffer has some serious flaws causing it not to work properly on many systems. Therefore, we're all waiting for someone to create a proper protocol sniffer which can be used in Plus! Live scripting. When this would be released, a whole lot of new scripts could be made. :)

Well my next project will be working to create a proper sniffer library.I hope to release it as soon as possible
08-12-2008 08:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by TheGuruSupremacy
Well my next project will be working to create a proper sniffer library.I hope to release it as soon as possible
(L)

Can't wait to see it being released! A lot of script ideas would become possible because of your library! :D Keep us informed! ;)
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
08-13-2008 07:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: