What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » I have the CE/DP Stealer 6.0 program

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
I have the CE/DP Stealer 6.0 program
Author: Message:
zabrak

O.P. I have the CE/DP Stealer 6.0 program
Out of all my contacts though, I only have 68 for 'Display Pictures' and 60 for 'other images'. When clearly there is ALOT more than that. Any info? any other better programs?
08-16-2008 04:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Phillip

c11h15no2

34 / Male / Flag
RE: I have the CE/DP Stealer 6.0 program
Stuffplug

This post was edited on 08-16-2008 at 05:00 AM by Phillip.
[Image: awd.png]
Drawn into the darkness here with your eyes on the prize at stake.
Faint hearts on an endless path letting go of the ones we break.
08-16-2008 04:59 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
dbgarza

Pet the Kitty ^_^

46 / Male / Flag
maybe is because it only can scan the contacts' content when they're online?

I mean, the program can't get the content of the offline contacts since they aren't connected.

This post was edited on 08-16-2008 at 09:24 PM by dbgarza.
08-16-2008 09:24 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by dbgarza
maybe is because it only can scan the contacts' content when they're online?
Correct. :)
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
08-16-2008 09:54 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Not correct....

It shouldn't matter at all if they are online or not. The DPs and CEs of your contacts are stored as temporary files on your local hard disk and don't depend on their status. Even if you haven't Messenger running at all, you would still be able to "extract" the DPs and CEs which were used before.

And for that you also don't even need any DP/CE Stealer, you simply need to browse to the correct folder and everything is there. The graphic files are just renamed with funny characters and without the proper JPG, GIF or PNG extensions though. If you have a decent graphics program which can give you a thumbnail view without depending on the file extension you would see all the DPs and CEs (eg: PaintShopPro).

Of course, DP/CE Stealers make it a bit more convenient, but they are not realy needed to steal (read: copy) the DPs and CEs.

Also see CookieRevised's reply to Where does MSN store it's avatars?.

;)

This post was edited on 08-16-2008 at 10:10 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-16-2008 10:06 PM
zabrak

O.P. RE: RE: I have the CE/DP Stealer 6.0 program
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Not correct....

It shouldn't matter at all if they are online or not. The DPs and CEs of your contacts are stored as temporary files on your local hard disk and don't depend on their status. Even if you haven't Messenger running at all, you would still be able to "extract" the DPs and CEs which were used before.

And for that you also don't even need any DP/CE Stealer, you simply need to browse to the correct folder and everything is there. The graphic files are just renamed with funny characters and without the proper JPG, GIF or PNG extensions though. If you have a decent graphics program which can give you a thumbnail view without depending on the file extension you would see all the DPs and CEs (eg: PaintShopPro).

Of course, DP/CE Stealers make it a bit more convenient, but they are not realy needed to steal (read: copy) the DPs and CEs.

Also see CookieRevised's reply to Where does MSN store it's avatars?.

;)

Woah woah wait. Uhm, would you happen to know that file folder :D

Edit: Wow sorry abou that, I got too exited and clicked the 'reply' button without noticing that link

This post was edited on 08-17-2008 at 12:28 AM by zabrak.
08-17-2008 12:27 AM
dbgarza

Pet the Kitty ^_^

46 / Male / Flag
Yeah but still it does applies to what I say, I mean msn can't store all the emoticons and other content of your contacts when they're offline, also it only stores the ones your contacts have sent to you on the conversations, not all the content they have.

Just think about it you have say 30+ contacts online, imagine if all their content is temporary downloaded to your computer, you would end without disk space and your connection would be crazy downloading all the content.

So still if the I have the CE/DP Stealer 6.0 program gets the content from that folder it only gets the content your contacts did sent on the current conversation windows meaning that you will not get the whole content they have.

Stuffplug content stealer works that way, if you start the msn you don't see content to steal other than the display images of your contacts, and as soon a contact uses a custom emoticon, it does become available to steal

In short you only get the content that got cached on the folder from the current conversations, when you close the WLM all that cache gets deleted automatically.

With the display images is the exception since now you can keep your current display image to be shown whenever you use WLM, since it gets stored on a webserver Microsoft created for that, here is the list of ports and networks used with WLM:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927847

it lists the networks and what is each one for.

This post was edited on 08-17-2008 at 12:47 AM by dbgarza.
08-17-2008 12:43 AM
zabrak

O.P. RE: RE: I have the CE/DP Stealer 6.0 program
quote:
Yeah but still it does applies to what I say, I mean msn can't store all the emoticons and other content of your contacts when they're offline, also it only stores the ones your contacts have sent to you on the conversations, not all the content they have.

Just think about it you have say 30+ contacts online, imagine if all their content is temporary downloaded to your computer, you would end without disk space and your connection would be crazy downloading all the content.

So still if the I have the CE/DP Stealer 6.0 program gets the content from that folder it only gets the content your contacts did sent on the current conversation windows meaning that you will not get the whole content they have.

Stuffplug content stealer works that way, if you start the msn you don't see content to steal other than the display images of your contacts, and as soon a contact uses a custom emoticon, it does become available to steal

In short you only get the content that got cached on the folder from the current conversations, when you close the WLM all that cache gets deleted automatically.

With the display images is the exception since now you can keep your current display image to be shown whenever you use WLM, since it gets stored on a webserver Microsoft created for that, here is the list of ports and networks used with WLM:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927847

it lists the networks and what is each one for.

Ah damn. So I can only get pictures that people used when they had a conversation with me? Well alright then..I had to delete everything MSN related due to an increadibly odd error I was recieving earlier. I figured I could re-download the program and get everything back again, oh well

There needs to be a program where you click 'scan' and it grabs all your contacts' pictures whether you've conversed with them or not, although that may be impossible
08-17-2008 03:38 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: I have the CE/DP Stealer 6.0 program
quote:
You implied something else, at least that is what I read/understand from your post; you implied that content stealers do not work when your contacts are offline. That is wrong, they do work no matter what the status is of your contact is at that moment. In fact, they could even work when Messenger isn't even started.

Of course, a content stealer can only steal what is already on your hard disk. Hence they steal nothing at all. They simply copy what is already on your hard disk to another location of your choice. So, a content stealer does not depend on any status of your contacts. A content stealer simply searches a specific directory on your hard disk and doesn't care about statusses.

quote:
Stuffplug content stealer works that way
Every stealer works in the exact same way! SP is no exception.

quote:
when you close the WLM all that cache gets deleted automatically.
Nope. It depends on your settings. And by default nothing is deleted.

quote:
This has got nothing todo with content stealers at all.

quote:
Originally posted by zabrak
Ah damn. So I can only get pictures that people used when they had a conversation with me?
Yes and no. You can get everything what you have ever seen being used (if you don't delete your cache of course). This goes for what you've seen in a conversation obviously (the display picture and custom emoticons of your contacts). But this also goes for display pictures you've seen in contact cards and other places where a display picture is shown.

quote:
There needs to be a program where you click 'scan' and it grabs all your contacts' pictures whether you've conversed with them or not, although that may be impossible
It is indeed impossible...

Despite their name, a content stealer does not steal, nor hack anything. It simply copies what is already stored on your computer. Hence why you don't need any content stealer to actually "steal" the display pictures and custom emoticons used by your contacts in convos with you and in other places.

------

Anyways, everything is already explained in the links I gave and in many older threads. I suggest you follow the links and read them. Everything you need to know is there, in great detail ;)

This post was edited on 08-17-2008 at 05:27 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-17-2008 05:14 AM
zabrak

O.P. RE: RE: RE: I have the CE/DP Stealer 6.0 program
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
You implied something else, at least that is what I read/understand from your post; you implied that content stealers do not work when your contacts are offline. That is wrong, they do work no matter what the status is of your contact is at that moment. In fact, they could even work when Messenger isn't even started.

Of course, a content stealer can only steal what is already on your hard disk. Hence they steal nothing at all. They simply copy what is already on your hard disk to another location of your choice. So, a content stealer does not depend on any status of your contacts. A content stealer simply searches a specific directory on your hard disk and doesn't care about statusses.

quote:
Stuffplug content stealer works that way
Every stealer works in the exact same way! SP is no exception.

quote:
when you close the WLM all that cache gets deleted automatically.
Nope. It depends on your settings. And by default nothing is deleted.

quote:
This has got nothing todo with content stealers at all.

quote:
Ah damn. So I can only get pictures that people used when they had a conversation with me?
Yes and no. You can get everything what you have ever seen being used (if you don't delete your cache of course). This goes for what you've seen in a conversation obviously (the display picture and custom emoticons of your contacts). But this also goes for display pictures you've seen in contact cards and other places where a display picture is shown.

quote:
It is indeed impossible...

Despite their name, a content stealer does not steal, nor hack anything. It simply copies what is already stored on your computer. Hence why you don't need any content stealer to actually "steal" the display pictures and custom emoticons used by your contacts in convos with you and in other places.

------

Anyways, everything is already explained in the links I gave and in many older threads. I suggest you follow the links and read them. Everything you need to know is there, in great detail ;)

Yes and thank you. However I deleted all my MSN related files on this computer. BUT I printed off your post and brought the paper to a friends house, then followed the steps on his computer. I then saved the pictures on there (Which were all my pictures that I was using when he was talking to me via msn) and brought them back to my computer :D
08-17-2008 08:34 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: