What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » I have the CE/DP Stealer 6.0 program

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
I have the CE/DP Stealer 6.0 program
Author: Message:
dbgarza

Pet the Kitty ^_^

46 / Male / Flag
RE: I have the CE/DP Stealer 6.0 program
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
You implied something else, at least that is what I read/understand from your post; you implied that content stealers do not work when your contacts are offline. That is wrong, they do work no matter what the status is of your contact is at that moment. In fact, they could even work when Messenger isn't even started.

Of course, a content stealer can only steal what is already on your hard disk. Hence they steal nothing at all. They simply copy what is already on your hard disk to another location of your choice. So, a content stealer does not depend on any status of your contacts. A content stealer simply searches a specific directory on your hard disk and doesn't care about statusses.

That's what I was trying to imply, you see for what zabrak said on his first post, he said that out of all his contacts, the program only returned 68 for 'Display Pictures' and 60 for 'other images'

So my first guess was that he thought the program will take all the content his contacts have even if they haven't used on the conversation windows, that's why I said that maybe only worked with online contacts, actually and to be frank I didn't knew about the messenger cache except for when I used with some friends the record sound feature.

but the sounds did get deleted after the messenger got closed, I know it because I did tried once to search for them and didn't found them and I didn't deleted them myself.

About the Display Pictures being stored it also has to do with the stealers because you can "steal" them too

In short what I was trying to say is that when a contact is offline and there is no content of that contact cached the stealer can't grab anything but my first reply to zabrak's first post was because I didn't knew how the program he was using operated, I mean with how technology advances new ways to get content from your contacts can appear ^^

Just to close, it was a misunderstanding for the way I understood zabrak's first post ^^;
08-17-2008 11:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: