What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Question about automated updates (4.70)

Question about automated updates (4.70)
Author: Message:
T-PO

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Question about automated updates (4.70)
Hello,

Today I used the /checkupdates functionality of 4.70. It showed that there was an upgrade available for the Answering Machine Plus-script (2.70).

Because I like this script a lot I downloaded the upgrade immediately...

However, after upgrading, I lost all my answers and the script seemed not to work properly...

After looking into the scriptdatabase it seems that you have to do some work before upgrading this script...but using the automated update functionality, this information is not provided...
Also it is not clear what has been changed for the update...

Is it possible to add some text functionality to the automated update process/screen e.g. you can click an information button where the developer can add some additional texts/information concerning the update?

Hope this is clear...

Regards,

T-PO
08-18-2008 03:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Question about automated updates (4.70)
Well, this is a very good suggestion which would be very useful. I suggest that skins and scripts could have something like a "Change Log" file which the update system could read and display. It is possible since some scripts like "Countdown Live" already have that on their own update system so it can be done. :)
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
08-18-2008 03:12 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: