What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Call of Duty 5...A Flop?

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Call of Duty 5...A Flop?
Author: Message:
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. Call of Duty 5...A Flop?
Looking at a post that was made recently by the Treyarch team, it looks like they may be lining up yet another massive flop in the Call of Duty series, as posted here are the pc requirements.

quote:
Originally posted by http://www.callofduty.com
Also, we think we have our minimum PC system requirements nailed down. Please reference below =).

Processor:
- AMD 64 3200+/Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz or better
Memory:
- 8 GB free hard drive space
- 512MB RAM (XP)/1GB RAM (VISTA)
Graphics:
- Shader 3.0 or better
- 256MB Nvidia Geforce 6600GT/ATI Radeon 1600XT or better

Looking at how low the RAM, and pretty average graphics card is, for minimum requirements, i think were heading towards a flop :( I have pre-ordered this game a long with FIFA 09, What are Your opinions on CoD:WW?

If your not a fan of either game, then dont get involved in the topic. Unless you have a true feeling and a way of backing up your claims :)
...there used to be a signature here :)
08-18-2008 03:26 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Call of Duty 5...A Flop?
Wait, what? You think this game will be a flop because the minimum system requirements are (relatively) low? That doesn't make sense at all.

First of all, they are minimum requirements, doesn't say anything about what will be needed to run it at full detail. Second of all, you can create awesome graphics on low system specs, all comes down to how efficiently something is coded. Third of all, WTF? Last of all, why do people these days judge a game solely by their graphics anyway? 
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
08-18-2008 03:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Phillip

c11h15no2

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
Looking at a post that was made recently by the Treyarch team, it looks like they may be lining up yet another massive flop in the Call of Duty series, as posted here are the pc requirements.

quote:
Originally posted by http://www.callofduty.com
Also, we think we have our minimum PC system requirements nailed down. Please reference below =).

Processor:
- AMD 64 3200+/Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz or better
Memory:
- 8 GB free hard drive space
- 512MB RAM (XP)/1GB RAM (VISTA)
Graphics:
- Shader 3.0 or better
- 256MB Nvidia Geforce 6600GT/ATI Radeon 1600XT or better

Looking at how low the RAM, and pretty average graphics card is, for minimum requirements, i think were heading towards a flop :( I have pre-ordered this game a long with FIFA 09, What are Your opinions on CoD:WW?

If your not a fan of either game, then dont get involved in the topic. Unless you have a true feeling and a way of backing up your claims :)
You said it yourself.
quote:
I think Call of Duty: World at War will unfortunately be a failure, simply because of Treyarch's murder of Call of Duty 3.
[Image: awd.png]
Drawn into the darkness here with your eyes on the prize at stake.
Faint hearts on an endless path letting go of the ones we break.
08-18-2008 03:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
I don't see the problem considering it's like the same Minimum Requirements as the previous game :undecided:?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty_4:_Mode...arfare#Development
08-18-2008 03:37 PM
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
I don't see the problem considering it's like the same Minimum Requirements as the previous game :undecided:?

It uses the same engine :P
08-18-2008 03:49 PM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Call of Duty 5...A Flop?
Ok then, let me rephrase the question and stuff, i was simply pointing out something i found, i want to know if you guys think it will be a flop?? And if your going to buy it etc :)

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
quote:

EDIT: wow, can't believe i forgot about that, ok then, refer to the new question ^ :) I want to know if its worth spending the 119 bux that the Aussie games stores are gonna make me pay. [in your opinions]

This post was edited on 08-18-2008 at 03:52 PM by Eddie.
...there used to be a signature here :)
08-18-2008 03:50 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
andrewdodd13

Oh so retro

34 / Male / Flag
CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA 6600/X800GTO (SM 2.0)
RAM: 768MB[xp]/1GB[vista];
HDD: 6GB;
Internet: 256k+;
Optical Drive: DVD;
Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

For Crysis. :P

I haven't really seen that much of it. The only reason IMO that 3 failed is because it was never released for the PC, and 1 & 2 were PC games. 4 sold well, but it was a completely different game from the first 3.
[Image: AndrewsStyle.png]
08-18-2008 03:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
quote:

We all know that :p

quote:
I want to know if its worth spending the 119 bux that the Aussie games stores are gonna make me pay. [in your opinions]
No game is worth money. Torrent it, if you truly believe it deserves your money then buy it (and enjoy Online Play) :)

This post was edited on 08-18-2008 at 05:22 PM by prashker.
08-18-2008 05:16 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
This game has the stigma of it being World War II again. The reality is the development team are still working on new ideas. As far as I'm concerned, graphics are a small part of the game, as long as it plays well I'm happy.
08-18-2008 10:13 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
This game has the stigma of it being World War II again. The reality is the development team are still working on new ideas. As far as I'm concerned, graphics are a small part of the game, as long as it plays well I'm happy.

Exactly, there have been so many games that have been major hits, where the graphics have been atrocious, even when the graphics in that time were pretty good anyway. There are people who realise that graphics aren't everything and it's a pity that they seem to be such a big deal at the moment.

Look at games like Geometry Wars and Braid, they've actually taken the world by storm and even though Geometry Wars has spectacular visuals (fireworks \o/), the graphics aren't really good - but it's still an amazing game:

[Image: Geowars2.jpg]

As for Braid, it's just a side-scrolling RPG type game, and it's really really addictive and fun again:

[Image: Braid_videogame.jpg]

Obviously, the great thing about this at the moment is that gameplay and graphics usually come hand in hand, which is what will bring the specs up. But with linear games like Call of Duty, they don't need particularly amazing of either of those (as far as I know CoD: Modern Warfare didn't even use ragdoll physics, but correct me if I'm wrong via P.M. or something), that's why specs can be low.

This post was edited on 08-18-2008 at 11:21 PM by user27089.
08-18-2008 11:17 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: