What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows live messenger...does not appear

Windows live messenger...does not appear
Author: Message:
BozidaR

O.P. Windows live messenger...does not appear
Right now i am having the same problem i have had in the past....

Last night...while I was sleeping....my router came unplugged....when i awoke...i plugged it back in...I went to start up Windows live messenger...and it would not appear on my screen...however if i opened task manager...there it would be sitting....I cant figure this out for the life of me....reinstalling and such does not help...before..the only reason i think i fixed it was because i wiped my computer..(for other reasons)....

This is starting to upset me...its the only messenger that i use to keep in contact with people...=/

If i remember correctly...there have been past posts about this similar issue all tho i cannot seem to find those threads...

Thanks in advance for the help..

I would also like to add i am running no addons....my messenger has been untouched except for daily messenging since installation

Id also like to add that the microsoft support site...is the biggest piece of crap EVER invented when it comes to support websites..

This post was edited on 08-20-2008 at 05:55 PM by BozidaR.
08-20-2008 05:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Windows live messenger...does not appear
Okay, you said you've uninstalled it, but have you done a complete sweep of your computer to remove any trace of Windows Live Messenger ever being there?

Go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall Windows Live Messenger (and Messenger Plus! Live if you'd like), then go to C:\Program Files\ and delete the the 'Messenger' folder that's within the 'Windows Live' folder. Now, restart your computer, and run a program like CCleaner to clear out all of the excess junk and registry files to do with Windows Live Messenger by opening up CCleaner, running both the cleaner and 'Issues'. N.B. It's best to scan for issues several times as usually you get more and more as you go along.

Once all of this is done, go to http://messenger.live.com/ and download the latest version of Windows Live Messenger to see if this fixes the issue. If it does not then please come back here and we'll offer some more advice.

quote:
Originally posted by BozidaR
Id also like to add that the microsoft support site...is the biggest piece of crap EVER invented when it comes to support websites..
That's usually why it's better to come to a place like this, forums like that aren't usually cared for as well as dedicated forums; that place is just a cluttered mess usually.

This post was edited on 08-20-2008 at 07:10 PM by user27089.
08-20-2008 07:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Dex Luther

38 / Male / Flag
I had a similar problem to this, but mine was due to updating the Enhancer script. WLM would open, I'd see the little dude, but my contact list wouldn't appear no matter what I did.

Then I thought for a bit, and tried something that seemed like it would be a long shot. I pressed ALT + F then pressed my right arrow button once. This opened the little menu with Maximze, Restore, and all that stuff. I pressed the down arrow once and pressed enter. Using my arrow keys I was able to bring back my contact list from where ever it was somewhere off screen and out of reach of my mouse and view.

It's a long shot that you're experiencing a similar problem, but I figured it couldn't hurt to mention it.
08-23-2008 03:42 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
magz

hi,

I am getting the exact same problem as you are Bozidar. Its been going on since last night, i was chatting and suddenly all closed and WLM did not open anymore.

The task manager indicates that the application is open, and if click on the WLM icon twice then the application will appear twice as running in the task manager. The memory usage of each msnmsgr.exe application is about 13K, and my CPU usage us extremely low.

After having read this thread I followed all instructions you gave, traxor, but nothing seemed to work. All add ons to WLM have been uninstalled and fully cleared from my laptop, Ccleaner has done its job and i've deleted all empty files and scripts within the WLM file.

If anyone has any clue of what is going on, or if there is a miracle solution, please help!!

thanks very much
08-27-2008 01:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: