What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » Animate WITHOUT Alpha?

Animate WITHOUT Alpha?
Author: Message:
DennisMartijn

O.P. Animate WITHOUT Alpha?
code:
button[id=Atom(FLWMaxBtn)][contentindex=0]
{
Content:rcimg(59004);
Alpha:100;
Animation:Log|Alpha|VerySlow;
}
button[id=Atom(FLWMaxBtn)][contentindex=1]
{
Content:rcimg(59005);
Alpha:255;
Animation:Log|Alpha|VerySlow;
}

A simple example: The maximize button.
When i hover my mouse over it, it fades in from alpha:100 to alpha:255.
Is there a way to let pictures fade over into each other, without loss of alpha?

And, This is the hover animation, from contentindex=0 to contentindex=1. if Ive set animation tags to 0 and 1, is there a way to set tags from 1 to 2? Like, it animates from the hovered state to the pressed state?

I tried several things already, but I think the problem is that I just dont know the correct tag (or it isnt possible).. :O

So, anyone who could help me with this?

Thanks in advance.
08-24-2008 08:38 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Animate WITHOUT Alpha?
from state a to state b, simple answer is no.

But you can fake it by using layered icons.
08-24-2008 10:04 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
DennisMartijn

O.P. RE: Animate WITHOUT Alpha?
Thanks Willz.
Also, I just came across another animation method, which I'm now experimenting with.

Just to prevent a new thread, I ask another question here.
in one of the skins here, I believe it was yours, some text had a special hover state, with a glow slowly appearing around it.
Am I halucinating? / What do I need to fool around with, so I can learn it myself?

Edit: and, is there a method to animate using alpha, 1-picture elements, without hardcoding a new picture?
I mean like, an element like text, or whatever picture, that doesnt have a hover state or anything. can it be faded in with alpha, if you hover your mouse over? (so can I code that into a ui file?)

This post was edited on 08-24-2008 at 04:48 PM by DennisMartijn.
08-24-2008 04:42 PM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Animate WITHOUT Alpha?
quote:
Originally posted by DennisMartijn
Thanks Willz.
Also, I just came across another animation method, which I'm now experimenting with.

Just to prevent a new thread, I ask another question here.
in one of the skins here, I believe it was yours, some text had a special hover state, with a glow slowly appearing around it.
Am I halucinating? / What do I need to fool around with, so I can learn it myself?

Edit: and, is there a method to animate using alpha, 1-picture elements, without hardcoding a new picture?
I mean like, an element like text, or whatever picture, that doesnt have a hover state or anything. can it be faded in with alpha, if you hover your mouse over? (so can I code that into a ui file?)

No it is not a glow state, it is all simulated through careful positioning of extra elements.

To do animation it is a downright pain because you have to create a whole bunch of extra elements to make it work the way you want.
08-25-2008 12:15 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
DennisMartijn

O.P. RE: Animate WITHOUT Alpha?
So, say I add some custom pictures with glow hardcoded, position them at the same position as the elements I want to have glow, code a hover state in the uifiles, and then it should work?
or is coding hover states impossible, or as hard?
08-25-2008 08:39 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: