What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » A Military Response To Phillip's Apocalyptic 2012 Thread

A Military Response To Phillip's Apocalyptic 2012 Thread
Author: Message:
Coastie

Basically Amazing

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. A Military Response To Phillip's Apocalyptic 2012 Thread
Basically, Phillip posted a thread a few months ago about a magazine article that he read about the top 7 reasons the world is going to end in 2012. I was researching this on Google, and yes, that's how i came across this thread, let alone this Forum. But then after 26, yes, 26 pages of responses (of which i read every one...watch is REALLY boring...), he finally made a post that said something to the effect of if you have anything to say in this subject you might as well make a new thread because you will not get any logical responses here.  Well Philip, i just wanted to respond...not to bash anyone's opinions, or to tell any one person or another that they are wrong, just merely to give my opinion in a place that isn't completely overrun by people with EXTREMELY stupid things to say.  Basically, there is a book out now, I'm not sure if any of you have read it, but the website is http://www.apocalypse2012.com/book/ and it goes over pretty much every reason that Phillip read about.  I think that the world is going to end soon, now whether it is 2012 or 2092 i don't know, and i know people are saying i thought you said soon, but when you think of how long 2000 years is, another 80 isn't that big of a difference...but sooner or later i honestly believe (coming from someone that is in the military currently) that the world will end due to Nuclear war.  If you think about it, there are just to many countries out there with nuclear power, and every counrty (believe it or not) really relies on a great number of other countries for a lot of things.  I mean take the U.S. for example, if every other country just all of a sudden decided to cut us off from everything they supply us with...we would sprial downward into chaos in no time...so it only takes one word to make someone mad right? Well if we were to drop that one word (whatever it may be) to the wrong person at the wrong time, and start a war with another nuclear power, there is no reason that everyone that depends on that country for whatever it is they supply shouldn't back them, and vice versa for our supporters, and back to how many people have nuclear power, someone is just gonna get fed up to the point that they use a nuke, and once one is used, well, everyone else is gonna drop theirs, and poof...no more...well...anything....

just my opinion, but eh, what do i matter?

hope to see replies from Phillip, Voldemort, icd*, Cookie, and Vaccination on this thread, considering they were the ones i thought brought up the best points on the thread that prompted this one...

later ya'll

USCG...Only Way To Be Is To Be A Coastie

This post was edited on 08-22-2008 at 06:48 PM by Coastie.
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
08-22-2008 06:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Dex Luther

38 / Male / Flag
RE: A Military Response To Phillip's Apocalyptic 2012 Thread
I believe Star Trek holds the answer. They've predicted many technologies that are not pretty much everywhere.

Anyways, There WILL be world war 3. It will be a Nuclear war. Many people will die (most people). In the calm after the war one of the survivors will build and test a vehicle capable of FTL space travel (Faster Than Light). The testing of this vehicle will catch the attention of some more advanced race. They'll make first contact.

The part that worries me is will they help us like the Vulcans, or will they try to assimilate/destroy us like the Borg?
08-22-2008 07:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Coastie

Basically Amazing

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: A Military Response To Phillip's Apocalyptic 2012 Thread
Dex,

I think that either way, whether they are Vulcans or Borg, they are pretty much going to be able to do whatever they want, because like you said, there aren't really gonna be very many people around...so it's not like we could fight them off!

But yea, now that i have COMPLETELY deviated from the main subject of this thread haha

New question, who starts WW3?
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
08-22-2008 07:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
andrewdodd13

Oh so retro

34 / Male / Flag
I've been watching Spooks Code 9.

I think the program gravely underestimates what would happen if a nuclear bomb went off in London. The effects of this would echo throughout the world. Britain would grind to a stand-still. There's a lot of other countries in the world that are dependant on us.

There would also be retaliation attacks from our trident submarines. It would be a full scale disaster...
[Image: AndrewsStyle.png]
08-22-2008 09:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Dex Luther

38 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: A Military Response To Phillip's Apocalyptic 2012 Thread
quote:
Originally posted by Coastie
Dex,

I think that either way, whether they are Vulcans or Borg, they are pretty much going to be able to do whatever they want, because like you said, there aren't really gonna be very many people around...so it's not like we could fight them off!

But yea, now that i have COMPLETELY deviated from the main subject of this thread haha

The Vulcans came in peace though, and help propel Human technologic advancements by leaps and bounds.

After world war 3 the Earth was pretty much like a 3rd world country. A mere 200 years after first contact Earth was rid of most disease, famine, and greed, which left room for huge advancements in science and space exploration.

In real life though any Alien visitors could just as easily view the Human race as a threat to/plague on the Galaxy, or just want to destroy us for the fun of it.

quote:
Everyone knows Canada will.
08-22-2008 09:31 PM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
someone is just gonna get fed up to the point that they use a nuke

if countries wanted to use their nukes, the military you're in wouldn't be needed. using a nuke on anyone practically guarantees that you no longer have any chance of winning the war.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
08-22-2008 10:02 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
The Cold War was years ago, let's end this debate now. In all seriousness though. No power would cut another power off though, as they relie on them too, it would be like shooting yourself in the foot, or in some examples the head, it has and still keeps the world in balance. Of course the world is always changing, and we can expect China to become the next US.
08-22-2008 11:15 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: