What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger »

How can I see my contact´s pics on my contact list?
This poll is closed.
Change the xml file 0 0%
Change the msn skin 0 0%
Others 1 100%
Total: 1 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

Author: Message:
argmedved

Preved Medved!

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Huh? 
Hi!!! I am using the EV0 3.0 for Messenger Plus! but I cannot see the pics of my friends but the EV0´s icons instead. Is this a problem only due to the Skin?Is there a way to change it? Should I add or change something into the .xlm file?
Please help me, buddies, with all that wisdom!
08-26-2008 09:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
This is just due to the fact that messenger has not yet been able to download your contact's pictures. This may be due to connection problems to the servers and will probably sort itself out
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
08-26-2008 09:28 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
argmedved

Preved Medved!

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Undecided 
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
This is just due to the fact that messenger has not yet been able to download your contact's pictures. This may be due to connection problems to the servers and will probably sort itself out

Well, I would love if this was the case. but seems isn't. ´Cause I also tried with the skin 365 Skin 2.60 and then all images are visible on the contact list. Unfortunately lot of the pictures used to make the skin sucks :D
Seems there is a sort of string on xml file that avoid messenger to show them
08-26-2008 09:35 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by argmedved
quote:

Well, I would love if this was the case. but seems isn't. ´Cause I also tried with the skin 365 Skin 2.60 and then all images are visible on the contact list. Unfortunately lot of the pictures used to make the skin sucks :D
Seems there is a sort of string on xml file that avoid messenger to show them

We have never encountered a case where the particular skin does not show display pictures and it is usually down to a Messenger problem. If however it is not working, it may be down to the version of WLM/Messenger Plus! Live you are using and operating system etc. Could you please give use the details of what setup you are currently using and we can see what the problem is.

Having personally used the skin, I can vouch that the pictures DO load for me. Are you using the newest version of the skin? I believe the version on the official skins database is the latest update.
08-26-2008 09:40 PM
argmedved

Preved Medved!

– / Male / Flag
O.P.
We have never encountered a case where the particular skin does not show display pictures and it is usually down to a Messenger problem. If however it is not working, it may be down to the version of WLM/Messenger Plus! Live you are using and operating system etc. Could you please give use the details of what setup you are currently using and we can see what the problem is.

Having personally used the skin, I can vouch that the pictures DO load for me. Are you using the newest version of the skin? I believe the version on the official skins database is the latest update.

I´ve just installed the 3.1.8 version (newest found) and well , pics now are visible!!! Thanx for that!!!. But they are displayed tiny. Do you know how to enlarge them? :D Sorry for bothering!
08-26-2008 09:54 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
There are skin options, by going to the Messenger Plus! Live button on the contact list, the Messenger Skin and then Skin Options.

From there a window will open, you will be looking for the option for contact list display picture size. It will be a drop down list (if I know Willz ;)) and you can select the size from there.

Once you exit the options window by clicking OK, Messenger will need to restart to apply the new changes
08-26-2008 09:57 PM
argmedved

Preved Medved!

– / Male / Flag
O.P.
quote:
There are skin options, by going to the Messenger Plus! Live button on the contact list, the Messenger Skin and then Skin Options.

From there a window will open, you will be looking for the option for contact list display picture size. It will be a drop down list (if I know Willz ;)) and you can select the size from there.

Once you exit the options window by clicking OK, Messenger will need to restart to apply the new changes
-----------------
I´ve tried on the skin settings but it only displays tiny or not at all, no other action is taken, even when selecting size Large. Jeeez...seems that I should stay with tiny pics or hang myself up!!!:S:S:S:S
08-26-2008 10:11 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
Ok, try selecting the button highlighted in the picture attached and selecting "Show Contacts' Details"

[Image: attachment.php?pid=924211]

.jpg File Attachment: 3_msn852.jpg (17.22 KB)
This file has been downloaded 174 time(s).
08-26-2008 10:18 PM
argmedved

Preved Medved!

– / Male / Flag
O.P.
quote:
Ok, try selecting the button highlighted in the picture attached and selecting "Show Contacts' Details"

[Image: attachment.php?pid=924211]

OOOOOOk , saved my life buddy!

You are the boss

Greetings from Murcia, Spain
08-26-2008 10:26 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: