What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » using LARGE FONTS

using LARGE FONTS
Author: Message:
francoisch

O.P. using LARGE FONTS
hello

I am currently dealing (a volunteer action) with persons hit by the Multiple sclerosis sickness.

These folks have extreme difficulties either to handle a mouse, to read on the screen, both or else.

Anyway, they need, may be more than others, to access the usual information exchange tools like Msg+.

To try to help these persons to use Msg+, I activated the MSN large font access function just to discover, at least on my WinXP SP2 PC, that this didn't work satisfactorily.

In particular, the nicknames into the Flying contacts didn't grew at all.

On the other side, I didn't find into Msg+ a function which would allow to grow the Flying contacts boxes.

Would anyone have any idea which would help me, and them, out by having LARGE Flying contacts?

Thank you in advance.

Francois
05-12-2008 04:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: using LARGE FONTS
The best thing you can do is changing the display settings in Windows itself. This because that will change everything you see on the screen, not just one small window in one program...

Anyways, there is currently no way to enlarge the font size in Floating Contact windows (or also called Desktop Contacts).

Even not by changing the interface windows of Plus! itself (I just tried it, but the RichStaticControl element does not allow for a font size tag <= Patchou? *). This (advanced) method was the method I was going to suggest to you, but apparently this will not work either.

So, in the end, I'm afraid that this isn't possible, unless you actually alter the display settings in Windows itself.

;)

* PS: I just talked to Patchou about this, he said he could add this. So, maybe in the next version it will be possible by altering the interface files. But still, the best solution is to change the display settings of Windows though...

This post was edited on 05-12-2008 at 11:06 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-12-2008 10:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
francoisch

O.P. RE: using LARGE FONTS
hello CookieRevised and thank you for your answer.

Yes, speaking of Windows, I went into the accessibility features and move to the largest font size allowed.

I had very large characters all over the place, Explorer, Word, Msg text messages, ... but nothing, as I said, into the Flying contacts boxes.

I read you PS and am full of hope, to the extent that Patchou will be able to add this.

Again, this is a fact that non-skilled slightly or severly handicapped persons, aged of not, are now trying to access the Web, the mail, Msn, ...

I strongly believe, and am currently working hard on this, that we should help all these folks to exchange with friends and family, making a step out of their loneliness.

Thank you again really for your answer.

Francois
05-13-2008 09:47 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: using LARGE FONTS
I finaly found this thread again, lol....

Anyways, I like to revive this to say that the new version of Messenger Plus! now includes a font size tag for the RichStaticControl element.

This means that you now can change the font size of the floating contact windows by altering the interface style files of Messenger Plus! itself.

As an example I'll attach the original and altered interface file for the floating contact windows.

To install this you need to:
  1. Create a subdirectory named "Interface" in the directory where Messenger Plus! is installed.
    eg: C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Interface
  2. Download and unzip the attachment and place one of the two files in that new Interface subdirectory.
  3. Restart Messenger.

Of course you can alter anything you like in it. I've included the original interface styles for the floating windows to show what I have changed to make them larger.
To know more about altering the interface files, see the Scripting Documentation help file.

.zip File Attachment: Interface_floating_contacts.zip (1.9 KB)
This file has been downloaded 171 time(s).

This post was edited on 08-28-2008 at 04:44 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-28-2008 03:51 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
francoisch

O.P. RE: using LARGE FONTS
dear CookieRevised

I am still there and still very interested into this topic.

Beforehand, thank you for taking this item into account.

I will soon go and implement it; I will give you some news afterwards.

Thank you again.

Francois
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, to me, this is now exactly as I was dreaming of it.

Thank you so much for my old folks and all old folks around.

Francois

This post was edited on 08-30-2008 at 01:40 PM by francoisch.
08-29-2008 10:17 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: