What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » No CID Now? Just a homepage change?

No CID Now? Just a homepage change?
Author: Message:
Quantum
Disabled Account

Away.

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. No CID Now? Just a homepage change?
[Image: attachment.php?pid=925027]

SonicSam posted and said that the sponsor install page as changed :P I had a look and it's true.

if i enable this will i get the CiD pop-ups?

Can someone explain the change?

This post was edited on 08-31-2008 at 08:48 PM by Quantum.
No longer here.
08-31-2008 08:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: No CID Now? Just a homepage change?
quote:
The following terms and conditions apply when you install/use the Messenger Plus! Live Search Assistant Facility ("PlusNetwork"). In these terms, note that "we" and "our" refers to the companies in charge of PlusNetwork which are not affiliated in any way with Patchou.

PlusNetwork is only available to be used with one of our other software products or partners’ software products and it is not available on a stand-alone basis.

In order for you to use any PlusNetwork services we will need to make some or all of the changes set out below to the settings on your PC (and you hereby agree that by we may go ahead and make such changes without further reference to you).

If Internet Explorer (“IE”) is installed on your PC we may:
change the default search engine preference on your PC to the PlusNetwork search engine;
change the default setting of your home page on IE 6 and/or IE 7 to a search engine which we have built which may be, for example, www.plusnetwork.com (but may be one of our other search engines);
add the PlusNetwork search provider to IE 7’s search providers and set this search provider as the default search provider;

If Firefox (“FF”) is installed on your PC we may:
change the default setting of your home page on FF to a search engine which we operate which may be, for example, www.plusnetwork.com (but may be one of our other search engines);
add the PlusNetwork search engine to the FF browser’s search providers and change the setting on the browser to make this provider the default search provider preference;
Alter the default “keyword.URL” configuration preference in FF to a search engine which we operate which may be, for example, www.plusnetwork.com (but may be one of our other search engines);

If Safari (“SF”) is installed on your PC we may:
change the default setting of your home page on SF to a search engine which we operate which may be, for example, www.plusnetwork.com (but may be one of our other search engines);
add the PlusNetwork search provider to SF’s search providers and set this search provider as the default search provider;

If Opera (“OP”) is installed on your PC we may:
change the default setting of your home page on OP to a search engine which we operate which may be, for example, www.plusnetwork.com (but may be one of our other search engines);
add the PlusNetwork search provider to SF’s search providers and set this search provider as the default search provider;

From the license agreement.
08-31-2008 08:52 PM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
I asked sonicsam a similar question...

quote:
SonicSam says:
and it's not removed
SonicSam says:
its just a changed toolbar now

Why did nobody else seem to know about it? :S
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
08-31-2008 08:53 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Because they didn't take the time to look :p.
08-31-2008 08:54 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
FF != Firefox

Fx = Firefox

(Yeah I think it's Stupid too)
08-31-2008 09:14 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Hah, so PlusNetwork.com is owned by Patchou/CiD. Remember the threads about the domain ;)?

Can anyone confirm popups are indeed gone?

This post was edited on 08-31-2008 at 09:36 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
08-31-2008 09:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I'm currently running a test with ask.com to see if this could be used as a different mean to generate the revenue Messenger Plus! and I need. In this test version of the setup, the usual sponsor from CiD is not included and nothing is installed on your computer. The only thing that's done if you accept is a modification to your home page and default search engine which can all be reverted in a second by yourself in the browser (as I said, nothing gets installed).

But anyway, this is all temporary for now. Note that if it wer to stay, the home page would be much much better than this.
[Image: signature2.gif]
08-31-2008 10:52 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
This is good news for everyone I think, especially if it's permanent. There are too many people put off by false negatives from the anti-virus programs, I feel
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
09-01-2008 01:26 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
If Firefox (“FF”) is installed on your PC we may:
change the default setting of your home page on FF to a search engine which we operate which may be, for example, www.plusnetwork.com (but may be one of our other search engines);
add the PlusNetwork search engine to the FF browser’s search providers and change the setting on the browser to make this provider the default search provider preference;
Alter the default “keyword.URL” configuration preference in FF to a search engine which we operate which may be, for example, www.plusnetwork.com (but may be one of our other search engines);
Only changed the homepage on FF 3.01 for me. No new search provider or "keyword.URL" changes.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
09-01-2008 03:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: