What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » URGENT HELP NEEDED - Error Code 80072efd

URGENT HELP NEEDED - Error Code 80072efd
Author: Message:
anum

O.P. Huh?  URGENT HELP NEEDED - Error Code 80072efd

My computer just got reformatted and for some reason I am NOT able to use any latest msn for the longest time. I have been trying for days now. The error code is 80072efd and it says there is some problem with my keyports. Also, when I go to Tools/ Options / Connection from Msn, it says, " you are currently not connected to .net messenger service" and compared to the msn on other laptops that do work say the opposite. I have tried deleting and reinstalling it over and over again, tried going for older versions but it wont let me, i have rectified my windows firewall settings but to no avail.

The problem is bigger than that. Can someone please please please help me out with this. Waiting for your reply. Thank you!
09-04-2008 01:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
RE: URGENT HELP NEEDED - Error Code 80072efd
That error message occurs when there are issues with the .NET Messenger service.
This means that potentially the server WLM is trying to contact isn't online, you are facing a firewall/connection issue or some files / settings are corrupt.

Since you say you've checked Windows firewall and reinstalled, I'm going to give you some "quick" (and perhaps) solutions.

1. Press the Start button and select "Run". (If you're using Windows Vista, you have to enter "Run" in the search field, that way you can launch it.)
2. Enter the following line into the field in the newly opened "Run" window.
code:
regsvr32 softpub.dll Wintrust.dll Initpki.dll Rsaenh.dll Mssip32.dll Cryptdlg.dll Dssenh.dll Gpkcsp.dll Slbcsp.dll Sccbase.dll

3. Press your "Enter" key. If you receive any errors, feel free to post them here.
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
09-04-2008 03:12 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
anum

O.P. RE: URGENT HELP NEEDED - Error Code 80072efd
Thank you for your reply. However, I have done what you asked me to do earlier as well and did it again. All the commands came out to be successful but my msn is still not working unfortunately. Please help me out. I am totally disconnected from the whole world for the longest time. Will really appreciate your help.
Thanks!
09-04-2008 11:33 PM
hollz-xx

I have had the EXACT same problem, getting sick of it now! Have not been able to log into MSN ever since ive download WLM.
My proxy is not blocking it, my internet connection works fine. Have never had this drag on problem before!
Tried the 'Run' option,
What i got back was..

1st....
DIIRegisterServer in softpub.dII suceeded.

2nd...
The module 'Wintrust.dll' was loaded but the call to DII Register server failed with error code 0x80070005.

3rd...
The module 'Initpki.dll' failed to load.

Please help!! :(
04-28-2009 04:58 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Yay! Bringing up a thread over a year old!

Check this out: http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&c...Q8-AZ_rr0Z1y3AntnA

This post was edited on 04-28-2009 at 05:44 PM by matty.
04-28-2009 05:44 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: