What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » Question about Oil Slick 1.04 skin

Question about Oil Slick 1.04 skin
Author: Message:
freefaller

O.P. Question about Oil Slick 1.04 skin
Hey,

I was wondering if the skin should be working on all pop-up notifications because I noticed that when people sign out it pops up a message but not with the oil-slick skin but with the default skin. Please help! How do I fix this. I am using WLM 8.5 Messenger Plus 4.7 and vista basic 32 bit. Thank you.
11-19-2008 01:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Question about Oil Slick 1.04 skin
The sign-out toast is generated by Plus! IIRC the skin will only skin WLM's own toast pop-up messages (either that or their may be an option in the Skin Options panel for this)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
11-19-2008 01:19 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
freefaller

O.P. RE: RE: Question about Oil Slick 1.04 skin
quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
The sign-out toast is generated by Plus! IIRC the skin will only skin WLM's own toast pop-up messages (either that or their may be an option in the Skin Options panel for this)

Yes I tried another skin and it worked on the other skin but when I use oil slick it goes back to the default blue gradient message. There are only options to not skin the toasts.
11-19-2008 01:30 AM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Question about Oil Slick 1.04 skin
quote:
Originally posted by freefaller

Yes I tried another skin and it worked on the other skin but when I use oil slick it goes back to the default blue gradient message. There are only options to not skin the toasts.

Plus toasts are totally separate from Messengers toasts.

If you change the graphics of Messengers toasts they don't carry over to plus toasts.

It is up to the skinner to actually go in and separately skin plus toasts. The reason most people don't do it is because it is a lot more tedious compared to Messengers toasts since they use a different XML and layout system to Messengers.

If they are coming up as the default blue it means that the skinner has chosen not to skin the plus toasts. There is nothing you can do about it as it is up to the skinner to do it.

This post was edited on 11-19-2008 at 02:04 AM by Willz.
11-19-2008 02:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
freefaller

O.P. RE: RE: RE: RE: Question about Oil Slick 1.04 skin
quote:
Originally posted by Willz
quote:
Originally posted by freefaller

Plus toasts are totally separate from Messengers toasts.

If you change the graphics of Messengers toasts they don't carry over to plus toasts.

It is up to the skinner to actually go in and separately skin plus toasts. The reason most people don't do it is because it is a lot more tedious compared to Messengers toasts since they use a different XML and layout system to Messengers.

If they are coming up as the default blue it means that the skinner has chosen not to skin the plus toasts. There is nothing you can do about it as it is up to the skinner to do it.

Thanks for the insight. I appreciate the work from the creator. I still love it!

This post was edited on 11-19-2008 at 02:06 AM by freefaller.
11-19-2008 02:05 AM
cromags

RE: Question about Oil Slick 1.04 skin
hello there!i would like to ask how can i put a backround pic in the conversation window.now appears just a part of it and the text window remains white.Thanks!
12-28-2008 07:04 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: