What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Unsolicited advertising from Messenger sponsors

Unsolicited advertising from Messenger sponsors
Author: Message:
sostenibile

O.P. Sad  Unsolicited advertising from Messenger sponsors
Hello, I have enough of your continued not requested advertisements.
My son has once approved its reception, then we uninstalled the sw and reinstalled without the sponsor option, but advertisments continues to pop up. Please give me a solution or I'll be pushed to call the Italian police for web for this repeated abuse.
Tks for solution. Regards.
09-20-2008 04:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Unsolicited advertising from Messenger sponsors
This may help you. :)

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21598
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
09-20-2008 04:40 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by sostenibile
I'll be pushed to call the Italian police for web for this repeated abuse

Lol. Naive.

Unfortunately, regardless of whether or not you wanted the sponsor, you did install it, you did accept the Terms & Conditions of the sponsor program (if you accepted without reading them, that is not the program's responsibility).

Luckily however, This is not some evil program that cannot be removed. There are steps to remove it and people here to help you.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
09-20-2008 05:12 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
Also, kind and ignorant sir, if you uninstalled Messenger Plus!, the sponsor was removed too. You are a victim of adware/spyware companies that are not related to Plus!. I must also remind you that the Italian Police has no jurisdiction on the Internet.

This post was edited on 09-20-2008 at 06:38 PM by Voldemort.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
09-20-2008 05:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by sostenibile
I'll be pushed to call the Italian police for web for this repeated abuse.
oh now, please don' i don't want the Italian police to take Canadian patchou awa.... oh wait, good luck with that buddy:P
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6653 days, 13 hours, 4 minutes, 31 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
09-20-2008 08:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by PM

Also, kind and ignorant Lady, I've already uninstalled Messenger Plus and reinstalled without the sponsor option but CiD advertisments, that you of course don't know it's commercially linked to Mess. Plus, continues to appear.
Italian police HAVE jurisdiction on Italian internet website or can intervene in case of abuse: go to study instead of wasting time.

Lady? I though from the last sentence that you would have studied a bit more about me before making assumptions. It may be that an Anti Virus program had "damaged" the un-install files  for the sponsor meaning that it can not be removed properly. Remnants may remain when the new installation of Plus! is complete. In this case, you need to re-install Plus! with the sponsor and with the anti-virus turned off, Then un-install Plus! again. It is then your choice as whether or not to re-install it.

I don't get what you are trying to say about CiD advertisements being linked to Mess... Do you mean Mess.be? The adverts only appear from Plus! (unless you infact have adware problems) and the content is provided by CiD. No involvement with "Mess" at all.

Italian police can not do a thing. If they could, I'm sure it would be having a stiff word with you about agreeing to something you know nothing about (A "EULA" agreement could contain anything, which you could break at any time if you did not know about it, essentially meaning that you shouldn't be using the program). Also, the site is not hosted in Italy and the website/program is not causing abuse...

I did my studying a long time ago... You obviously did not do any research, looking over the Internet for solutions, asking people or posting on CiD's website (where you could in fact get a universal un-installer). No, you'd rather threaten people with police action, but of course still expect people to reply to you and do it willingly.

Now, I will say this: The first 3 posts are helpful. Maybe not exactly what you were after, but considering the fact that you came across as quite rude and people do this for free in their own time, that is quite a good response. I don't expect to see a PM talking down to me when I've helped more people here than you have, when I know more than you and when everyone says the same thing!

I don't know if anyone else got a PM, but this had to be said.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
09-20-2008 11:29 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: