What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messenger Plus! Live Chat Logs

Messenger Plus! Live Chat Logs
Author: Message:
RyAnHoBsOn

53 / Male / Flag
O.P. Messenger Plus! Live Chat Logs
Hi everyone. My friend has currently had a new computer, and has Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live set up. Everything is going fine except one thing...

Him and his wife has 6 kids, and all are in the age group 10 - 15. He wants to know if there is any way where you can set up a policy of some sort which will prevent users from disabling chat logs in the Preferences menu on the Plus! tab.

I have managed to find a way to disable users deleting the chat logs from the default directory, but i still need to disable users changing the setting in the Preferences tab.

A script, or registry edit of some sort to prevent this would be very useful.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan Hobson
09-25-2008 09:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! Live Chat Logs
Just set a password on the preferences... It's in the options there somewhere... You may also want to change the directory they are saved to so that they cannot manually delete them from the folder through Explorer though ;)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
09-25-2008 09:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! Live Chat Logs
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
Just set a password on the preferences... It's in the options there somewhere... You may also want to change the directory they are saved to so that they cannot manually delete them from the folder through Explorer though ;)

Or to branch off that a bit....I know it takes a whole lot of time and only works with Windows Xp Professional, Windows Vista Ultimate (Seeing that's what I have, perhaps others can enlighten with Home Basic, Home Premium and Business) but if you were serious about preventing one from deleting chat logs...give the kids their own user account and do a few things:

a) Log onto each Messenger account and set a preferences password

b) Set the folder created to be hidden to them

and

c) set the folder security permissions to prevent them to delete the folder and files

If this is the path you wish to take...I can easily provide steps on how to set it all up correctly.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
09-25-2008 10:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RyAnHoBsOn

53 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Live Chat Logs
Thanks alot everyone. I didn't notice the password switch on the preferences tab lol. Silly me. Thanks again... :)
09-25-2008 11:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: